series 7 owner

Help! I have a 2006 750i series that has windshield wipers that have been a continuous problem with noise, scraping on the windshield, & at a few times while on the highway the driver's side actually stopped working in the middle of a pouring rain storm. BMW has not been able to completely fix this problem. Has anyone else had any experience with this and have you had a fix for it??? It's driving me crazy!

Last edited:
I haven't exeperienced the problem on a bimmer, but here is a tip that *might* help.

I assume they put new wiper blades on? Not just the rubber "cartridges" but the entire blade assembly?

Many times the noise/scraping can be caused by an invisible contamination on the windshield. Try cleaning the windshield with rubbing alcohol. Use lots of elbow grease, not just a quick wipe. Be sure not to get it on the car's finish!!

After cleaning it, use RainX on the windshield, as per the instructions on the bottle. If you still have problems, there is something definitely wrong with the wiper arms.

None of this would explain why they stopped, though....[scratch]