Show car polish & shine & Zaino ??

flashinthepan

I have a detail question here ?

I have read Vlads detail tips...Excellent !! and read with curiosity several other fantastic tips.

My question :

When I go to car shows,

I consistently see black or dark paint finishes that are stunning and flawless, no swirls and exceptional gloss (even outdoors).

I am a rookie-

I have not yet givin my 2004 Black 330Cic her 1st wax/polish etc..& I have a concern.

With Zaino products the "Z5" is listed as a swirl "filler", hence they return ?.

1) Is there a swirl "remover" that is compatible with the "Zaino routine"

2) what is typical for the show car "swirl free" shine, do they normally use the Porter/Cable power polish or just use a good product by hand....or both ?? I dont mind the work, just need the advice.

3) I do not yet have swirls. only a few wash lines which are in the proper direction pointed out in Vlads instructions....at worst just small micro lines in the sun if you look really hard.

Thanks !!!
[driving]

Last edited:

flashinthepan

Mick,

I have heard nothing but great reviews on Zaino Bros products & I have the combo pack in my garage, you will see it on thier web-site.

I really am interested in anyones thoughts on the Zaino Z5 Swirl remover/Polish

Has anyone used the Z5 ? and what do you think ?

[???1]

I've ordered the set from Zaino for when my car on order arrives in 3 weeks. In the meantime I used it on my 4Runner and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I washed with Dawn and clayed areas with rough spots, wash with the Zaino wash, then applied the polish as directed. The kit came with the clay bar, wash, Z2,Z5, ZFX and Z6. Kinda complicated but it actually is not. Took me all of 2 hours to finish the truck and it shines like a mirror.

Tom

Staff Team
I've used Zaino and carry a Z6 bottle pretty much whereever I go. I love the product and have been hooked on it for 3 years now.

The Zano expert is in [:D]

While Vlad is the undisputed champ for convential methods, I am the Zaino expert on this board.

If you dont have any "swirl marks" use the standard wax, Z2. Any fine lines would be hidden by the standard wax, the Z5 does a great job at removing swirl marks but shuldent be used all the time. Use it only when you see marks, if you do multiple coats at once and you see swirl marks: Use Z5 when you are going to put the next coat on, if there are no more swirl marks then use the Z2 for any folowing coats. If there is still swril marks then use the Z5 again for the next coat.

Showrooms tipicaly use convential methods, I however am able to achive a better shine with Zaino then I ever have with a porter cable. Zaino is an additive wax, you apply more and more coats, you never strip it off. It works excelently protecting paint from dust, bird crap, exc. I always use Z6 as a quick detail and after I wash the car to revive the blinding shine.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:

flashinthepan

Coyotefreak,

Thanks man !!!
[pray]

I just needed that small amount of confidence boost before I do my 1st Zaino treatment. I have purchased some very very high quality 100% cotton towels, have the Zaino polish applicator's etc...

I read a good & clean leaf blower will dry your car easily with no towels or Shammy ??? Hmmm, it makes sense.

Anyways I get my Hardtop on Tuesday & then its my 1st full detail...Cant wait !! will post pics once she is nice and clean !!

Regards !!!