Showtime

I was posting these on r3v at the request of another member so thought I'd chuck 'em here aswell seeing as I hadn't done a rides thread here, because I felt like showing off my pride and joy, and because there aren't many modded cars in the rides section of this forum.

Enjoy (I hope).

Before (May 2006):

Gen I (July 2006 - May 2007):

Gen II (Present):

A repower and tightening up of handling and braking is the next step...

Not stupid question.

I had them made. There are two options - send your centre caps somewhere to have the logos painted and sealed on - very expensive.

Or what I did was go to my local signwriter and they made the logos out of signwriters vinyl - like what you use for vehicle signwriting. You can either have the logo printed on like my windscreen banner (fades) or what I did is have them make it out of layers of vinyl. They use a computer and a programmable cutting machine to do it - it cuts the white circles, then lays over a black ring with the BMW cut out of it, and then two small blue triangles.

They come on a sheet and all you do is peel them off and stick them on. Look like the real deal even close up, last for years (had them for two years on my old car and didn't peel or fade) and they cost $10 each.l

Ones I had made for a set of bottlecaps so I could get rid of the fugly factory centre caps:

Last edited: