Simple device increases fuel mileage by 20%!!

An easily installed device uses an electromagnetic field around the fuel line to thin the fuel and make it burn more efficiently?

Yes, like me you are thinking "Yeah, right". But read on. This is on the web site of a very respected University - Temple University. It mentions that it is being tested by "a trucking company near Reading, Pa." for use on heavy trucks. That's where I live, and I am guessing that it is Penske Truck Leasing. They wouldn't get involved unless it has merit.

"....our fuel injection technology based on the new physics principle that proper application of electrorheology can reduce the viscosity of petroleum fuels. A small device is thus introduced just before the fuel injection for the engine, producing a strong electric field to reduce the fuel viscosity, resulting in much smaller fuel droplets in atomization. Because combustion starts at the droplet surface, smaller droplets lead to cleaner and more efficient combustion," says the report by Ronglia Tai, professor at the Department of Physics at Temple University, and head of the project.

The report goes on to say that Tai's group was able to increase the highway fuel efficiency of a Mercedes 300D with a diesel engine from 32 mpg to 38 mpg.

If the device is so good, why aren't they installing them on new cars to improve the fuel mileage figures = more sales?

Just my inner-cynic.

(BTW I have heard all of the claims about these rebutted quite well before.)

I'm always sceptical of this sort of thing, but if you want to try it please let us know if it does indeed work!

I'm most definitely a skeptic too. But this will be interesting to watch, only because it appears to have the credibility of a research university behind it.