Tire pressure monitor

As I turned the key to position 3, the tire pressure monitor light (yellow) went on (as all other monitoring lights on the control panel), but immediately it went to red and then went out (just like all other lights).

I wonder if this was normal, didn't really notice the light changing from yellow to red before I resetted the tire pressure monitor (after it went on while driving the car) couple days ago.

I asked a service guy, and he told me it was normal... but I just want to make sure...

Yellow means its off. If you tap the tire pressure monitor, it will turn it off and on. If by accident you tapped it and then held it in, it will turn yellow, then red and then off as it initialises. So yes, perfectly normal.

btw, that thing is damn accurate. Picked up a nail in my rear tire right away, so pay attention to that thing if it goes off.

No joke, j2azz is right, its a really nice thing to have and very accurate. I got a nail in my side wall driving to work, not even 1 mile away and it came on within seconds of it happening. It will also come on if your husband decides to take it 4 wheeling like mine did. Well, not real wheeling but on a gravel road, much to my very pissed off little self's dismay. He broke the bead even while driving extremely slow, but lets suffice it to say he's still alive and my car and paint and tires are fine.

Unichap

I keep losing pressure in one of my rear tires. Any recommendation where in So CA I should take the car to would be appreciated. Normally, I'd just take it to a gas station. But somehow that doesn't seem like the right way to deal with a high performance tire.

Uni