Turbo Question.

lowie57

Hi guys,

ok im guessing you guys have been asked a million times about turbo's, so appologies for annoying anyone on here.

im a proud owner of a 1990 318i Coupe, i love this car but am looking to get a little more oomph out if it. I was concidering a turbo kit, ecu chip, pod filter and high flow exhaust system.

My question is how i would go about turbo charging it, what kit should i be on the look for? from what i have seen turbo kits for these dont seem very common at all.

any rough price range? (australian)

when i get my net back at home i will post pictures up of my car.

thanks in advance

Hi guys,

ok im guessing you guys have been asked a million times about turbo's, so appologies for annoying anyone on here.

im a proud owner of a 1990 318i Coupe, i love this car but am looking to get a little more oomph out if it. I was concidering a turbo kit, ecu chip, pod filter and high flow exhaust system.

My question is how i would go about turbo charging it, what kit should i be on the look for? from what i have seen turbo kits for these dont seem very common at all.

any rough price range? (australian)

when i get my net back at home i will post pictures up of my car.

thanks in advance
Turbo'ing the m42 is going to be expensive, the hardware is likely to be the cheapest part of the build, tuning and management are going to be pricey.

I'd say around $4 - 5 grand for a good forced induction system.

Check ebay (USA)
and google are you best friend here. Unfortunantly there is not many people who have turbo'ed their e30 on this forum.

Where In Aussie are you? I'm in NSW myself [cheers]

Search for turbo threads on e30tech.com and google. There are step by step write-ups. You just have to be keen to spend hours reading through them. I guess if you don't have the patience to spend hours looking for the answers, you probably don't have the patience to doa proper turbo build.

Its hard work, but would be rewarding.

I hope you're serious as I'd love to see another turbo'd bimmer on the roads.