Unveiling of 1 Series

chanlon1

Given that the Geneva Motor Show started yesterday and that the new 1 Series wasn't unveiled, when and where do you think it will happen[???1]

The British Motor Show is due 27th May - 6th June, do you reckon they'll unveil it there[???1]

what makes u think they're making one?
i have heard only rumors...and i think they're
focusing on the 5 and x3 now...
you don't want to introduce too many at once

That's been the standard cabrio photo going around for the 1 series. But I dunno if that's a '1' or a '2'. I think the hatchback is the 1, and the 'vert is the 2.

Mmmmmm.. M2 cabriolet.. 2.4l FI 240hp. M class handling and features, good hp. If it has a good price tag, I can see this making a decent dent in 3/4 series sales, especially if they really are going to be 'moderate' in price for the 1/2 series.

Good car to get more folks into bimmers. Remember not everyone can afford a new BMW, but many still desire one. This could get it into more driveways. Which leads to further sales of bigger cars..

From a corporate/financial standpoint, it makes perfect sense. They must be putting together some more facilities to handle all this, or cutting down the production #'s for certain series to be able to make all of these different models..

I'm rethinking getting the wife a 323ti or 325tiT in preference of waiting on this 1 series hatchback.. I've seen some other 'photos' of a 5 door version (4 doors + hatch). wonder if that's for real, or another tooled photo. (prolly a stretched 3 series iT I suspect)

chanlon1

hey bear, I do get around don't I [:)]

Not certain of a date as to when it will be unveiled. I am aware that the website specifically for the 1 series that has a co.uk has also been registered by BMW with a .com

im been thinking lately...BMW is releasing all of these cars...well some of the new series are rumors...do you think BMW will have the production capacity for all of these cars? I do know that htey are builing a new factory in Leizpig that can create in the area of 650 cars a day max when opened...but to build all these series will mean some series changes to production