Waterspots..Won't come off. Must be etched into the glass

CEC666

I am searching for ideas.
My side and rear windows are suffering from waterspots.
The problem is most evident in direct sunlight.
I just had the Windshield replaced and it made me realize just how severe the problem is on the rear & side windows.

I've tried Windex, Dawn, Stoner Invisible Glass, Spray nine. No success.
In desperation I sought professional help, a local detailer tried every chemical he could think of to no avail. Besides chemicals he tried polishing compound and even a orbital buffer.
He tried 3M Wax remover thinkin it might be wax residue from when the BMW Bodyshop took it through a Car Wash (arggghh).
He gave up concluding it is either acid rain pits or mineral deposits from well water.

I took a razor blade to a small section and it does not help so I doubt it is something bonded to the surface...yet if I use a needle to see if the glass is pitted it appears not to be so.

Has anyone else ever experienced a similar problem and found a remedy?

[:(] [confused]

CEC666

Vlad:

Thanks for the weblink and suggestion. Per your suggestions I ordered the
Einzett glass polish
Leatherique
Sponge tire dressing applicator
Clay set.
Wheel Wax
Microfiber cloths

I will report back on results.

I have a Makita Buffer (Model 9227C.... Variable Speed= 600 to 3000 RPM in 6 steps) that I highly recommend for finish recovery tasks. Not only is it smooth to operate but it has a thumbwheel conveniently located that makes polishing a low risk endeavor. On flat surfaces I speed up and on corners and edges I slow down. I saw the pro's using one on a multi-million dollar yacht and the guy said it was the one the boat industry had standardized on.

I do need a Random Orbital for waxing and polishing and will follow your suggestion on the Porter Cable Random Orbital {just added it to my Christmas List.}

If the products work for me I will let the supplier know you are referring people. Perhaps they will consider offering you discounts for promoting thier products.

Many thanks.
Crash
[:)]