what's best for carpet stain removal

i've got some nasty coffee stain on my interior carpet and i can't seem to get them off. any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.[???1]

flashinthepan

Last edited:
I've never had a stain that carpet cleaner that I purchased a the grocery wouldn't remove. But then again, your stain could be worse.

I suggest starting with one of the stronger carpet cleaners, maybe the 409 carpet cleaner, (if they still make that). With a spray bottle, spray down a little plain water and use a brush to work the water in a bit. Don't soak it, but get the stained area good a damp. This can let the carpet cleaner soak in a bit better. Next follow the instructions of the carpet cleaner that you bought. After working it in, (probably with a rather stiff bristled brush), use a sponge to pull any left over carpet cleaner out, then go over it a couple of times with a water wetted sponge to get the remaining cleaner out.

As Tom suggested, one of those little Bissle hand-held "steam" cleaners or a Shop Vac would make getting the cleaner out of the carpet easier. Typically, if you don't get all of the cleaner out, the area that you cleaned could mat down or bunch up worse than the rest of the carpet.

I have one of those "steam" cleaners and they work great. I would clean the whole car with it then finish it off with a scotch gaurd spray. Any kind of stain comes up with ease.

You can take a little paint thinner on a rag and rub out almost any stain on carpet. Be sure and use mineral spirits or paint thinner, do not use laquer thinner, it is to strong. Just a little will work wonders. After you use this just clean the carpet as usual.

flashinthepan

For small spot stains, " Folex ", really is a God send, we use it in our house as well as our cars & its safe and cheap. See my post above for a picture if the product.

Heck I could be a salesman for them... lol

All the best !!![thumb]