Will there be any changes to the 06 M3?

ZachD

I'm sure this question has been posted already, but I haven't been by in a while and the lease on my 03 M3 is coming up soon. I'm trying to decide if I should go with the 06 which I'm guessing will come out around the spring, but all I'm seeing is posts about changes to the 07's. If anyone knows anything about the 06 M3 I'd appriciate the help.

i can't say anything of the 06 model year, they just may keep the e46 m3, (its just a guess) i think the new e90 m3 will be coming out for the 07 model year, that's why everyone's buzzing about that. the coupe will be a 06, and m will be a 07 a year later i guess.

go swing by a dealer while car shopping and ask. some idiot saleman is bound to know something right? [;)]

pylit

There are no "real" changes to the '06. Here are the pricing changes:

MSRP +300
Leather now standard
Premium package $600 cheaper
Adjustable width seats now included with premium package.

That was all I could find in the way of difference. No new or deleted options.

EDIT:

For those wondering if there will be an '06 M3, definitely yes since I ordered mine and it's due in October. The question is will there be an '07 M3?

Last edited:
When I e-mailed BMWNA about the 2006 M3, they were not even sure if there will be a 2006 model year for the M3. They might skip the 2006 model year and then come out with the 2007 model, but I think there will be an 06 year. BMW introduced the Competition Package for the 2005 model year and I don't think they would make that package available for only one model year.

It looks like there is now an optional Power Rear Sunshade, too! I believe they were always available on the E46 3-Series but they were a special order option/item that BMW did not list. Now when you Configure your own M3, the option shows up!

Will they still be selling the 06 M3 in August or November of 2006?

Last edited: