WOW!! I own a BMW

SLORider

We just bought our first BMW. An '08 535i. We only have about 800 miles on it so just getting the hang of it. A very impressive automobile. Previous car was a Volvo S-60 T5 which I put some hard miles on up and down the state of California. At this point still feeling a little 'we're not worthy' [pray] but that should wear off soon.

Hope to learn a lot from you all.

Some questions.

1. Any issues one way or the other on window tinting?

2. Anyone use the clear film that covers the leading edges of the car to prevent rock chips and nicks? any drawbacks?

3. Any slick way to wire in my V1 radar detector? I hate the coil cord and don't like running w/out it. I had it hardwired to an alarm circuit in the light on the ceiling of the Volvo.

4. Any suggestion on first oil change mileage? 1K? 1.5K? wait for regular service interval? Seems like a long time on break-in oil.

Thanks in advance.

Herzlichen Glückwunsch!!

I've always tinted ALL my cars, and there has Never!! been any issues. It saves the leather, your skin from UV rays and makes the A/C more efficient on hot days.

The 535i is awesome. It was on "my list" before I got my 08' E350 Benz!

SLORider

I've always tinted ALL my cars, and there has Never!! been any issues. It saves the leather, your skin from UV rays and makes the A/C more efficient on hot days.

The 535i is awesome. It was on "my list" before I got my 08' E350 Benz!
I guess it's ok to confess that the E350 was on my short list as well. I was surprised at how well it handled and performed.
I'll have to get out my German/English Dictionary for that phrase.

I will take some pictures soon. Probably after the window tint. I'll go for some 'glamor shots'.

If you can stomach the cost, consider the brands Huper Optik or V-Kool. Ask the tint people how they deal with the "dot matrix". If you look at the edge of your windows (like the back window), you should see black dots where the film has to cover. That can give some shops trouble.

My buddy has the clear film on his Merc C32. he likes it. No issues that I know of, altho I've seen it yellow on the headlight area on some other cars (no idea what brand they used).