X3 highway mileage

TrishDeens

I'm happy to report that I've been averaging 32.2 mpg highway on my '04 X3, which is 5 above listed. Now that's not to say I don't compromise things like speed to make those numbers.

City mpg is just as stated averaging 17.

Any other X3's with numbers to report?

-p-

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
I'm happy to report that I've been averaging 32.2 mpg highway on my '04 X3, which is 5 above listed. Now that's not to say I don't compromise things like speed to make those numbers.

City mpg is just as stated averaging 17.

Any other X3's with numbers to report?

-p-
I have the heavier and taller X3 variant an 07 x3 3.0si, and it gets 27mpg in hilly highway driving averaging about 65-70mph. However, I have learned to put the car in neutral and let it roll down steep grades. I also noticed that up a hill the new X3 can take a 10% grade without down shifting and hold its speed, its very good at conserving fuel. It does have a 260hp engine, instead of the 225hp variant. I did experience 32mpg with that engine in a 330i, however that was doing 65 and with a down sloped road in NJ. The new engine also has 225 torque and produces it at a lower rpm, which is why I guess it can tackle hills without higher rpms or downshifting.

The X3 is a phenomenal small SUV, and it's the most fuel efficient in its class, also its arguably the best value BMW they have in their lineup. The X3 3.0si is one sweet package, can't speak for the older 3.0's however.

But if you drive a lot of stop and go and put the pedal to the floor, that engine drinks fuel leaving you down in the low teens of mpg.