2006 330xi: September production -- when can you order one?

Argelius

I'm patiently (actually, impatiently) waiting for the 2006 330xi which is scheduled to go into production in September (for ?October/November) production.

When will dealers start accepting orders? I know I can probably visit any dealer and they'll "take a deposit", but I am curious when they can actually configure a car for me...

I would think by July-August. One thing I have learned about BMW is that there are inconsistencies in what they say and do and where you can buy/order first. My car was available for sale in California prior to the Nevada dealers having the ability to order the car. Yet I saw an X3 with local dealer plates 1-2 months before what was said to be the official release.

I would check with a few dealers in the area and see what they tell you.

gbones

330xi availability

Can we confirm the 330xi will definitely be in production by September and that they can be ordered for delivery in October?

Or is this just a hunch people have that they will be in production in September... And is there any chance they will go into produciton earlier than this?

I really just want a difinitive and final answer as to when the xi will be in production and how soon I can take delivery.

Any guidance from those of you how are knowledgeable woudl be appreciated.