2007 X5 3.0si Drama over. Car gone!

So it's official, the X5 is gone. I'm "not allowed" to discuss any details, per a confidentiality agreement contracted with BMWNA, but they were very decent, generous and they provided the utmost Customer Service and Care (as did our dealership). I was SO happy to be one of the first to have the new 2007 X5s, but sadly it didn't work out. Thankfully it ended very well, and with little pain!!

So, the car shopping begins. Here's my list, in the order of likely purchasing:

#1 2008 BMW 535i (twin turbo IL6). Just nervous, since the i-Drive is new, and the interior is totally new. If you haven't seen it yet, it's what the 5 Series should have looked like in 2003. Simply awesome.

#2 2007 BMW X3 3.0si Sport Don't love it, kinda small, but there's NO i-Drive, and reliability has been pretty high.

#3 2007 Lexus RX 400h Hybrid. Beyond awesome gas mileage, perfect reliability, and it's fast as hell.

#4 2008 Porsche Cayenne S. Still think it's ugly, even after it's face and buttlift, but the performance is so amazing!

#5 2007 Mercedes E550 Sport. Beautifully re-styled for 2007, and still think it looks better than the 5 Series (in and out). Reliability has greatly improved for Mercedes, but I'm still hesitant.

#6 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport. For a Volvo, and especially for an SUV, it looks pretty good, but it's a Volvo. Cut my balls off!! :)

Will keep you all posted.

Big Daddy

Glad to hear about the satisfactory resolution to your X5. My vote I would agree with Kenny 535 or Cayenne S, not sure how I would pick but I would research both and figure it out.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. The Cayenne has had a lot of electical problems, since it's cousin is the Touareg (and has A LOT of problems). The Cayenne def. has performance on it's side, but I really need reliability, everday, never worry about anything reliabilty.

Glad to hear that BMWNA took care of you!

Based on your past ownership preferences, I'm thinking that the 535 or the MB would be your choices. I am not a Lexota fan, but I guess the hybid is a possiblilty for the green option.

A co-worker had a Tourareg and got rid of it after a few months, lots of issues, I would be very hestitant on the Cayenne.

are they going to drop the i6 turbo for the x3 anytime soon? if so that's an option.
also chiming in with 535i obviously and e550.

caynne, sure is an amazing ride, i never thought a suv could do what it did. and then we looked at the backside and went straight to the bmw dealership for the x5.

as for the volvo, you mean to tell me that you didn't check your balls at the alter? just checkin [;)] glad things worked out for you. have fun car shopping!!!

Average Jae said:
are they going to drop the i6 turbo for the x3 anytime soon? if so that's an option.
also chiming in with 535i obviously and e550.

caynne, sure is an amazing ride, i never thought a suv could do what it did. and then we looked at the backside and went straight to the bmw dealership for the x5.

as for the volvo, you mean to tell me that you didn't check your balls at the alter? just checkin [;)] glad things worked out for you. have fun car shopping!!!
There's never been a turbo option for the X3, at least not in the states, and not in Germany.

No Volvo for sure!! Basically between the 535i, RX 400hybrid and E550.

Thanks, glad BMW was so awesome too!

***Edit*** Do you mean, drop the I6 turbo into the X3? If so, then sorry. If you meant the X3 has the turbo option, then not sorry [fake]

Last edited:
you should get a 550i, the 535i is just too new and that seemed to be your problem with the x5, getting it before all the bugs got worked out

deutsch100 said:
There's never been a turbo option for the X3, at least not in the states, and not in Germany.

No Volvo for sure!! Basically between the 535i, RX 400hybrid and E550.

Thanks, glad BMW was so awesome too!

***Edit*** Do you mean, drop the I6 turbo into the X3? If so, then sorry. If you meant the X3 has the turbo option, then not sorry [fake]

drop the i6 turbo is what i meant... of course my wording could've been better..
in a typical bmw engine trickledown effect, i'd imagine the x3 would receive what the 5er is receiving. it would only make sense for bmw to upgrade the engines right? at least that's what i figure.. but we'll see how it turns out. i just think x3 is underpowered even with the 3.0 engine in there.

well good luck on your quest ^^