325e not running right

what the heck is a 323? must be some euro model....either a big 4 or a little 6 would be my guess....don't know about those guys. so maybe the fuel pump and filter are in the engine bay, wouldn't suprise me but not in NA i can assure you...not allowed

no 6 cylinder 3 series has the fuel filter in the engine compartment...only the 4 cylinder....
Alright dude it is time that I told you to Shut the **** up.
Just admit that you didn't know, make a note of it and move on.
I did not post this thread to have a discussion on where my fuel filter is.
Feedback and suggestions is what I am looking for and highly appreciate.
Thanks,
Brian.

although that 'e' engine never really made it...a hell of an idea but didn't have time to be perfected. High torque low rev made sense at the time but many head problems...now would be the time to re-introduce that concept given the price of fuel. My mother bought a 528e (on my advice) and had nothing but problems with it, oil leaks and fuel pressure problems it seemed. As I lived 1000 miles away I couldn't actually look at it so maybe she just was being taken to the cleaners by local 'mechanics'......I don't know

as a final statement let me say this....I love BMW's and doubt anyone here can outdo me in regard to figuring out any pre-1990 model issues....I have seen them all and can fix them for virtually nothing....I have owned many and have worked on many others...post 1990 I don't know much about....but 1989 and before I am confident that I can more than hold my own regarding issues....peace....cliff

as a final note let me say iliad from new orleans....i'd watch what you say to me cat because i am from the south side of chicago and you are nothing to me...dig?

Cliff, I'm from Australia, Therefore my e-penis > your e-penis in all ways shape and form.

And yeah, I like to make threats on the internet... Not being sarcastic or anything.

as a final statement let me say this....I love BMW's and doubt anyone here can outdo me in regard to figuring out any pre-1990 model issues....I have seen them all and can fix them for virtually nothing....I have owned many and have worked on many others...post 1990 I don't know much about....but 1989 and before I am confident that I can more than hold my own regarding issues....peace....cliff
Gimme a break Cliff from Chicago (Nothing like living up to that Cities reputation, cat)... I've owned two E30 1986 325e's, and there is an E30 1988 325i, an E30 1989 325i, a 1991 E30 318i cabrio, a 1992 E30 318i cabrio, and a 1992 E34 sitting in my driveway (that's 5!), and just about every spare part of the two 325e's in boxes in my garage right now. You obviously have not seen them all, and until you have, accept that people have fuel filters in their engine compartment, and then maybe explain to us what makes them so dangerous, that BMW didn't figure you, but you did. Seriously, why is that so dangerous?

Even having owned 7 BMW's I don't claim to know all about these cars, that's why I'm here. I'm not an expert on the M10, M42, M40 or S14 engines in the E30's, and neither are you. Pay attention, and you might learn something.

The "e" engine never really made it? It was an M20 (that means 6 cylinder)! and so is the 323i, and so is the 320i. My first 325e lived for 20 years, and over 550,000kms. Gutsiest E30 I have owned. Topped out at 215km/h. The only reason there is a 325i is because of the 325e.

Brian, I don't really know what else to suggest.

I just call em as I see em.....Australia....really? Fuel pumps and filters in the engine bay? Not here mate....not since the late 70's.....cliff

Best thread ever. Better than the race harness one. How have I missed this?

Sorry to see your thread turn into a shit fight Brian, but at least its entertaining.

What has me stumped is how our self-appointed e30 god didn't know there was a m20b23?? I bet he hasn't heard of the super eta either.

While I'm at it, my car was manufactured in South Africa. It has two fuel pumps (one in tank lift/prime pump, and one near the LHS rear wheel arch.) and two fuel filters (one by the external fuel pump, and another in the engine bay where the battery goes on models with the battery in the engine compartment.

Brian, if you have the external fuel pump, try removing it and see if there is sludge in the intake line. This is quite common and can cause a problem similar as what you describe. You may be able to clean the pump intake out. If blocked the pump will not run smooth - it'll either keep stopping, or run "rough" with a fair bit of vibration instead of a smooth hum.

P.S. I'm from New Zealand, dig? (Seeing as we seem to be having a little sharing session).

I just call em as I see em.....Australia....really? Fuel pumps and filters in the engine bay? Not here mate....not since the late 70's.....cliff
Is this guy for real?
MY 1985 BMW 325E HAS A FUEL FILTER IN THE ENGINE BAY!.
I will take a picture of it just for you and send it to you tomorrow.

Btw the car seems fine for now, maybe thats all it needed, a new fuel filter.

Best thread ever. Better than the race harness one. How have I missed this?

Sorry to see your thread turn into a shit fight Brian, but at least its entertaining.

What has me stumped is how our self-appointed e30 god didn't know there was a m20b23?? I bet he hasn't heard of the super eta either.

While I'm at it, my car was manufactured in South Africa. It has two fuel pumps (one in tank lift/prime pump, and one near the LHS rear wheel arch.) and two fuel filters (one by the external fuel pump, and another in the engine bay where the battery goes on models with the battery in the engine compartment.

Brian, if you have the external fuel pump, try removing it and see if there is sludge in the intake line. This is quite common and can cause a problem similar as what you describe. You may be able to clean the pump intake out. If blocked the pump will not run smooth - it'll either keep stopping, or run "rough" with a fair bit of vibration instead of a smooth hum.

P.S. I'm from New Zealand, dig? (Seeing as we seem to be having a little sharing session).
Lol, yeah thanks for the suggestions man.
I'll get on that and see what I can find. It sounds like there is air or something in the line coming from the external pump. I'll check it as soon as i get a chance.

P.S. I'm from Naples (Italy), ya heard me?
(I felt left out).

as you'll have it....i don't much care...figure it out yourself then philly punk...I must say this site is not that sharp...seems like alot of idiots to me...no offence...you cats have no idea what the heck you are talking about...good luck..cliff