89 750iL Limp mode

Is there anyone out there that can help me?!

I own a 1989 750iL. It has become somewhat temperamental. It goes into limp mode because of a "Brake and steering Hydralics light". Following this indication is normally an "Oil Sensor" reading or on some instances a "Trans Power" reading. never both.

I've taken it in to be diagnosed and they can't tell me what's wrong, because everytime I take it in, it comes out of limp mode and runs fine. So no indication is showing up.

I've only owned this car three weeks and it has become one massive headache. I'm on the verg of a mental brake down. Is there someone out there that can help me out with some advice.

The car came out of limp mode a week ago and has run fine. I was driving home today and it went back into limp mode. What will usually happen is it will stay in the mode for sometime. Then it it'll go in and out of limp mode like a grandfarther clock. In, Out, In, Out, In, Out and it's bloody hard on the diff. After it's hissy fit it'll spit out it's cold and run fine. Till it happens all over again.

Plase help me
Tony Butler
Auckland
New Zealand