95 740 new engine or rebuiid?

after recently purchasing my high milage car I really haven't had any problems with it yet. But I'm anticipating them. My ? is, should I rebuild the engine in the car and what is a reasonable prce if i do so. I do have a local mecainc who can do it and has alot of knowledge on these cars. But I don't want to get reemed by not know a goot price of a rebuil either. I've checked ebay and I was considering buying one if I can get one with low milage. now my othe ? is up to what yr can I just drop in a motor and maye do some minor mods. Can I use anything current? I'd prefer a V-8 f course because that's what it has in it.

input is apprceciated

the curremt motor smokes alitle when it's cold but runs strong when warm. i have autoite plat's in there now but i know I need to go to a hotter plug. NGK or Bosch? what do you guys run? and what mods can I do to get more horses. My car is plain minus new 18's which I' post soon...

my check engine light somes on periodically and I only use premium gas. so tell me what i can do, change distributor caps on all 8 plugs? the boot also has some minor cracks in it around where the boot would connect to the pug. I'm gonig to change that soon. may helpwith the way it runs i'm sure as all cars are like this...I'm just getting sed to this car and I'll be asking alot of ?'s.

also where is my cruise cotrol module? my CC don't work and i would like to ceck into this. The light doesn't come on when trying to use this and the button doesn't light up on the dash to say CC is able and ready to engage.