Angel Eyes for M3

Hey ya'll...I bought a pair of Angel Eyes about 2 weeks ago, and have been wanting to install them, but I do not know where to hook them up for their power source. The directions say to use my driving lights (H7 bulbs next to my Xenons), but if I do that, when I turn my headlights on...the Angel Eyes will go off. I want my Angel Eyes to be on during the day, and then stay on when I turn my headlights on at night. Here are the specs to my Eyes, and the link:

Super Bright 7000K Color temperature
Visible in Daytime even with HID's On
CCFL Light Tube protected with Outer Heat Proof PC Ring
Works in freezing cold temperature
Will last approx 15000 Hours (thats 625 Days with Angel Eyes on 24 hours a day, you might drive 1000 hrs a year)
Easy Installation
1 Year Warranty

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7985197744

Any help is really, really appreciated. Thanks!

///M SPEED said:
Very nice Adam. I would love a set for myself. Those look pretty nice. You got them for a great price too. I wonder if he is selling any more....
Thanks Scott. He has more for sale, it is a real store (either in NY or Jersey). He was a very good guy to deal with...he answered ALL my questions and shipped asap. You can visit his website.

I think the price was very good too. If now someone could help me figure out a reliable, safe (and warranty friendly) power source...I will be very happy.

Yes Adam I looked at the site after I posted. I see he has a lot of things for sale. I saw the others he has for sale as well. That is a great price. Many are between $200-500. I know I have seen an installation sheet for another type of Halo's that showed a good power source to tap into. I will see if I can find it....

Adam you got those for $100 didn't you? If so outstanding. I am just wondering about how they look (color wise) on the car. They seem to be just what I am looking for too. I want them to be able to be seen during the day with my day running lights are on too.....

Hey Scott- The seller said that he has sold many kinds of Angel Eyes, but these are by far the best. They are 100% visible day or night with or without headlights on (if I can find, or you can find a source to power them). He included amazingly detailed instructions with photographs of an actual E46 going thru the installation. I just don't want to hook them to my running lights, because at night I will just have reg. Xenons w/o Angel Eyes.

I researched Angel Eyes for over a month before I bought these....they seem the highest quality, and the same colour/output of BMW OEM.

Keep me posted if you get some, and if you figure out how to power them so they are on day and night!

Thanks!

-A

Adam, I am seriously considering buying a set of these. They do look pretty good especially for the price. Let me do some searching too. I know I have seen a DIY on this as well, but was using a different power source.....

///M SPEED said:
Adam, I am seriously considering buying a set of these. They do look pretty good especially for the price. Let me do some searching too. I know I have seen a DIY on this as well, but was using a different power source.....
Cool. Thanks Scott. I emailed the seller, and he never really answered me (although he replied in a very timely manner :) He said something about the ignition, cigarette lighter and fuses....but honeslty it was not helpful. Hate seeing them sitting there in a box, and not on my car. A friend saw them, and said they look to be the best Angel Eyes he has ever seen. I think if we figure out how to power them, we will be very happy [;)]

Adam, do you want them to run even when you lights are off or basically anytime your running/signal lights are on. When the running/signal lights are always on when your Xenon and/or parking lights are on? I hope you understand my post....

Hey again Scott. I want them to run during the day when my Xenons are not on, and I want them to stay on when I turn the Xenons on.

Right now, I have my Car programmed (or the dealer had it programmed) so that the H7 bulbs (next to the Xenon headlights) run all the time when the Xenons are not on.

So basically...I want Angels Eyes during the day (will be my new daytime running lights), and I want Angel Eyes to stay on when I switch my Xenon headlights on.

I hope this makes sense [;)]

Yes, your car is setup the same as mine. You have the daytime (H7 Halogens) running lights when the Xenon’s are not on and off when they are. So you/I will need a constant power source. I'm looking. You want yours to run the same way I do. I am probably going to order this weekend....

Adam, from what I have read (I need to find the DIY I've seen) to have them running all the time you need to tap into the ECU. This really sounds harder than it is. The instructions (with pics) I seen in the past show how to do as well. I am still looking...

How much better (from your searching) are they from the Enhanced Phosphyre Halos (DDE's) besides the price. Do the back of you lights have a silver on them to prevents light from reflecting off of the headlight reflector? Just wondering....

///M SPEED said:
Adam, from what I have read (I need to find the DIY I've seen) to have them running all the time you need to tap into the ECU. This really sounds harder than it is. The instructions (with pics) I seen in the past show how to do as well. I am still looking...

How much better (from your searching) are they from the Enhanced Phosphyre Halos (DDE's) besides the price. Do the back of you lights have a silver on them to prevents light from reflecting off of the headlight reflector? Just wondering....
Scott, I don't think there are any better (especially for the price). The DDE's are much more blue, and I think they scream cheap and aftermarket. I have tried my Angel Eyes (using a BMW motorcycle battery as a pwr source)...and the colour is perfect.

Yes, my Angel Eyes are backed in silver. I think they are a very good find, even the styling and texture of the rings look factory. If we can figure out a safe power source, I think we scored. My main concern is doing something "mickey mousey", and then when I go for scheduled service or a repair...the dealer sees that the Angel Eyes have tapped into something that they can say caused so and so problems. Something likes Digital Dawn's dealer blaming a sub woofer on various electrical problems. I still have 3.5 years of factory warranty, and want to be able to use it with no issues.

Let me know if you find the DIY info. Thanks!!

OK, the silver backing is very good. It keeps the halo light from reflection all over the light housing causing refraction and looking like crap. I agree these do look very good from what I can tell. I have looking for over a year, but have been hesitating due to the many types out there and the same reason you brought up; warranty issues.

I do know most do tap into the DME for constant power. I think the Dealer will always try and blame an after market install (know matter how well it is done or even if done by professional) when a problem arises with an after market install of any kind. I am still looking....

deutsch, since the headlight assembly is right there, there are not that many wires you can choose from to tap into? A lot of wires running through the car constantly have a current running through them. For example, when I hard-wired my radar detector to my Jetta, I just tapped into one of the wires going to the sunroof motor and the detector was always running. There should be at least one wire around the headlights where you can tap into that will keep the Angel Eyes on, regardless of your DRL's being on or off.

What I am finding is that many are either going into the DME, or the interior lights throughthe firewall (easier that it sounds and they will dim with lights when turned off). This method seems like a good way too....

Adam, I found this one, but I haven't read the whole thing. I think there are easier ones out there, but I am still looking. Could you take some photos of your Halo's and post them? I particularly what to see the rings and the clips (how they attach the light rings). I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a bunch man....

DDE PDF install guide

Those directions seem mad crazy and hard :( I have to be honest, I am nervous abour tapping into the DME or going thru the Firewall....talk about giving the dealership lots of reasons to void our warranties.

Here a few quick pics I snapped for you. Hope they are what you needed. If ya come up with more power source material....send a post!

Thanks.

-Adam

I know what you mean about tapping into the ECU or going through the firewall, but you will have to tap into something.

It really depends on what/when you want the angels to turn on. Tapping into the interior lights (firewall) will have it come on when the key is turned on and auto dim out when the car is shut off. Some use the parking lights (running lights) and tap there. I am still researching this, but I haven't had much time lately. Hang in there. If you see something let me know as well....

///M SPEED said:
I know what you mean about tapping into the ECU or going through the firewall, but you will have to tap into something.

It really depends on what/when you want the angels to turn on. Tapping into the interior lights (firewall) will have it come on when the key is turned on and auto dim out when the car is shut off. Some use the parking lights (running lights) and tap there. I am still researching this, but I haven't had much time lately. Hang in there. If you see something let me know as well....
Have not had the time to look really either. But, yeah..want them on whenever the car is running (headlights on or off).

If you find something too, let me know. In 2009, we will be saying "I think I found somewhere to tap our Angel Eyes into"...as the rest of the car is falling apart :)

If you guys are looking to have them on whenever the car is running, this may be your answer: Answer???

This is how I'll be doing mine very soon... I'm still trying to figure out which sets match the lights perfectly.