BMWNA Customer Relations has contacted me

Hey all,

Just wanted to give a little update on my X5 drama/problem! BMWNA called me early this morning, and they were honestly, very supportive, caring and genuine (or at least they seemed!). They said my problems, and 6 Service visits for a brand new, $60k car is unacceptable, and they are very embarassed. They are in talks with the dealership, BMW marketing and the legal dept. They said they treat all their customer's problems with gloves, but they are going to treat me with kid gloves (his exact words!). He said that any customer that has purchased 9 BMWs in 3 years, does not need to deal with these problems.

We'll see what happens. I told him, that I do NOT want another X5, unless they can guarantee me in writing that I will not have the same, or worse problems. Of course they cannot do that.

Fingers crossed. Let's hope BMW does the right thing.

-Adam

I am glad to hear this. But I am confused as to the metaphor; what does it mean to treat someone 'with gloves' or 'kids gloves?'

selavia said:
I am glad to hear this. But I am confused as to the metaphor; what does it mean to treat someone 'with gloves' or 'kids gloves?'
It's some old saying (my mom and gramma say it). Treating someone with kid gloves (kidskin gloves are super, soft luxurious leather gloves), just means you will be extra careful, gentle and caring.

Glad to hear they recognize good customers, even tho it'd be better if they treated a customer with only 1 BMW purchase the same way. The stories were getting so bad I was starting to think you could buy 1000 BMWs in a year and they still would ignore you.

So far, so good (6 April 2007). Will keep you all posted, as my saga continues. I have to say, that BMWNA and the dealership are treating me, and my problem very professionally, friendly and caring. BMW is a pretty great company (so far :)!

Great to hear that. It seems they may understand the philosophy that an unhappy customer will tell 50 others, or in the internet age, thousands of others!!!

bmw046series

1000 Post Club
Exactly why I WONT get iDrive.

That sucks, I have only seen three on the road so far, I'm thinking they aren't the hottest seller around.

On another note, I know a guy who is a big Lexus fan (he has had more problems with his cars then anyone I know), he said to me about two months ago that BMW was having a massive turn over of 7 series sedans? Customers were returning them to the factory? Any Truth? I don't believe him.