Buying new E90, need help negotiating

lhjlmm

Hi,
This is the first time I'm buying a BMW. With the two Nissan's I've owned I was able to pay $500 and $200 above invoice, but I'm guessing it's going to be a little more difficult with a BMW. Can everyone tell me what they were able to negotiate with their new E90? I'm just trying to get the best deal I can. Thanks. Also, did anyone pay a $295 processing fee? I haven't bought the car yet, but they were trying to add that on.

MSRP pricing: $30,300
6-speed manual transmission
Blue Monaco Paint $475
Heated Front Seats $500
Satellite Radio Prep $75
Destination & Handling $695
Total $32045

So far the best offer I've gotten is $30,880. I think I want to pay $30,405 (which is $1000 over invoice). Is that too much?

That's pretty good actually. $1000 over invoice is about the normal price for a BMW. It gets closer to invoice (or below) when a new model is about to replace it, but gets higher when it's brand new. Since the E90 is brand new, you're getting a pretty good deal actually.

I guess it depends on the area, but it sounds good to me. Out here, the damn things are going for pretty much MSRP. Dealers can barely keep em in stock.

sdblue325i

Bought mine through COSTCO, where they set you up with the dealership, no bargaining fixed price of $1000 over invoice -- spoke with several people and these cars are going for MSRP pricing right now

I ordered a 325i and it is soon to arrive. My first BMW (converted over from Audi) and I was able to negotiate the price $1,100 below the MSRP which equates to $1,640 over invoice and based upon Edmonds.com and CarsDirect.com numbers (which were higher) , I believe a got a respectable deal. With you being around $1,000 over invoice, that is really good.

2006 325i Sedan
Black Sapphire Metallic
Aluminum Trim
Black Dakota Leather
Premium Package
STEPTRONIC trans
Heated Front Seats
Xeon Headlights

I got mine through Costco too for $600 above invoice. I got in Northern VA though (I see you're in Columbia, MD). If you want... send me a PM and I'll give you my salesman's name and dealership.

just curious; what's satellite radio "prep"? I thought the cars were pre wired for it anyway and if you want it, it's more like several hundred $$. I think the whole radio module gets swapped.