C&D: E90 wins against IS350 / G35 / 9-3 / CTS / A4 / TL

Thanks for this article. I had forgotten how biased and retarded Car & Driver was before I read this review. Volvo S60R 0-60 in 6.4 seconds? Uhh, try again...the S60R is the fastest car in that pack (straight line).

-Edit: actually the IS350 might be as fast or faster.

But yeah, of the cars in that test, for me it would be between the Volvo S60R and the 330i.

William330

Thanks for posting the link.

LOL, the article says the 3-series feels "the least Bangle-ized."

This "designer" is a joke, and so are the BMW managers who let his
designs see production.

Please, fire Bangle already, or have him clean rims or something
more productive.

i guess i was supposed to be amused by the article. its a wonder they let them actually print that stuff. i mean the header is just plain, "i'm baked out of my mind, and hey, this could be fun!" deal, wth??

Emile, they did mention the S60-R's 60 time. they blamed it on the hot weather, as their last test showed a 60 time of 5.5 sec, but this one w/ temp at 98 - 116, they suspected the intercooler could've caused such resultes.

btw i stopped reading [:p]

Yeah, they posted the 0-60 times of all the cars. The S60R got a 0-60 time of 6.4 seconds, but it should be 5.4 seconds. I read that part about the intercooler also, but I think it was just an excuse for C&D to not make the car seem competitive. I have a feeling Infinti's, BMW's, and Lexus' pockets had the most influence on the test results. [:p]
I really do not think the IS350 will sprint to 60mph in 5.1 seconds. Even Lexus themselves rates the new IS350's 0-60 time at 5.6 seconds. Half a second is quite a difference IMO. C&D always seems to pull 0-60 numbers out of their ass and will complain about the random things that do not need complaining about.
I REALLY thought the Volvo S60R would be at least one of the top 3 out of that ranking system. The adjustable suspension makes it drive like a mushy Volvo AND a performance car, it is the fastest of the bunch while offering all the same features and technology, and it has 4WD to boot. How could the S60R come in 7th place???

So, what else did you expect? The E90 is a clear winner in this category. But, it's also hard for me to believe that they rated the G35 up there at 3rd... there must be a conspiracy or something. Someone must have paid those guys off to even put the G35 in this category with the E90.

With all the crap going wrong on the E90, not the fastest, or the most powerful, how can they make it the winner. Oh, and what's with the "gotta have it" dumb ass scoring; thats totaly subjective. Not evryone wants to have it.

My buddy just got a Volvo S60-R. It's a fast bastard, but god it's ugly.

Reminds me of the Pontiac GTO. Plain, plain, oh and more plain..

The IS350 looks sweet though - I may drive one for grins when my local dealer has one - hmmm that might be a mistake though.. Are the IS350's AWD?

not that i ever had that much respect for C&D before, but they seem second tier to me.

now that you mention it Emile, it does seem fishy that you have 2 cars making 300 hps, one getting a 6.5sec and another getting a 5.1 w/ auto?

hmm is "gotta have it" factor the reverse cost factor? like you lost points on costing too damn much, you get a boost by having a "gotta have it factor." somewhere along the way, i think i got jaded, and figure 35k entry level luxury sedans can't have that "gotta have it" factor. its not an M fer cryin out loud!!

They also only gave the Volvo S60 R a 6 out of 10 in the handling department. Did they forget to push the "ADVANCED" button or something (regarding the adjustable suspension, you can choose from COMFORT, SPORT, and ADVANCED)??