Car shipping Accuracy..

BellasBmw

Hey All,
I recently bought a 06 silver 325i last monday (20th). The dealer told me the ship just arrived at port and i should expect my car 5-7 days. I have used the bmw owners circle tracking info but it has said the same thing since the day i bought the car (in transit to process center). The dealer has been working with me and they have not had any updates. He doesnt know why it is taking so long, and he has no way to find out if the car is off the ship or even gone through customs. Now im hearing it may be another 5-7 days. Im getting real impatient and frustrated that i do not know where my car is. Has anyone gone through this or know of a way to find out when exactly ill get my car.

-BellasBmw

Big Daddy

It has to be off loaded, inspected and than go through customs. At that point I believe they will notify the dealer that the car is there and ready for transport. It depends on how busy the port is and how quickly they get to her.

jaymoney

I was told that the BMW online tracking is about 1-2 weeks behind. If the car was going to another Dealer it could take an addition 14 days after it clears customs just to get the car redirect to your Dealer. I know how you feel I drop mine off in Munich on June 1 and it should be here by July 1. I know I shouldn’t get my hope up High but; Ya right HURRRRRRY UP AN GET HERE!!!!!! [scratch]

BellasBmw

Well the car is scheduled to be delievered to my dealer straight from customs. SO, i hope that 14 days that you mentioned wont really happen! I just have had a hard time getting a bmw, and now that i finally have- ITS DRAGGING ON AND ON, and things just keep getting in the way. My salesman called and he said he believes the car just got off the boat today, but he doesnt want to give me an estimate delivery cause the last one he gave me was completly off. So, i just feel like i am in the dark.