Considering a 328XI Coupe

daveNY

Hi, I'm hoping I get more feedback in this thread. I posted in the newbie section and got only 1 reply.

I'm considering a 328XI Coupe. I've been reading up on BMW's and have read many negative reviews about overall quality and reliability. I've read reviews where some BMW owners have had serious problems with practically brand new BMW's.

I'm hoping some of you can share your experiences on your 3 series BMW.

Hi,

I think you probably haven't gotten much response because there seem to be very few 328xis on the road. I have one on order that is suppose to arrive on the 23rd. All the reviews I read were positive. That said, I could only find 4 owner reviews online. None of the dealers that I had contacted in this part of CA had one on their lot. I'll let you know how it's going in a few weeks.

Got my new 328xi

Hi, me again

My car actually came in a couple weeks early! Although I've only had it 24hrs, I am thrilled with it. When I ordered it, I had never actually seen one except in pictures, although the dealer had similar models. Mine is titanium silver with black leather and brushed aluminum interior. It is gorgeous! Everyone including myself has said that it is much sportier looking than they expected. Drives like a dream and I'm having fun with the bluetooth and satelite radio. I would highly recommend this car.

meegle

queenofdnile said:
Hi, me again

My car actually came in a couple weeks early! Although I've only had it 24hrs, I am thrilled with it. When I ordered it, I had never actually seen one except in pictures, although the dealer had similar models. Mine is titanium silver with black leather and brushed aluminum interior. It is gorgeous! Everyone including myself has said that it is much sportier looking than they expected. Drives like a dream and I'm having fun with the bluetooth and satelite radio. I would highly recommend this car.
Congrats on your car! My wife and I went to our local dealer yesterday to look at the new 3-series.
We were checking out the 328i sedan prior to the sales rep diverting us toward the 335i.
This vehicle will be for my wife to drive to and from work as lugging around in an SUV in Orlando traffic has taken it's toll on her.

The options we are interested in are the sport pkg, auto trans w-paddle shifter as well as the premium pkg. We are still undecided about which model until we drive both later on this week.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated as this would be our first 3-series.

TIA

Hi,

I don't really have any suggestions, sounds like you're ordering it pretty well loaded. If I hadn't needed the all wheel drive, I may have sprung for the 335. The 328 actually has all the power I'll ever need. Just a beautiful car! Guess you don't need heated seats in Orlando, but I sure do love them even though I live in central CA. (I hadn't originaly planned to add them but my co-workers who are all women insisted I would love them and as I said, I do) I believe the sport package has the performance tires which I also would have liked but aren't recommended in snow. (I drive to the mountains too often) My car is a coupe which gives it the sportier look that I prefer. I'd love to hear what you and your wife decide on; no matter what, you will love it.

I got my 2007 335i Coupe in October after 6 excrutiating weeks of waiting and could not be happier with the quality of the car. This makes for my 4th 3 series and I do not plan on switching to another car anytime soon. The only problem I have had with 3 series was my 99 328i Sedan (the radio signal was non-existant). Besides that, all have been enjoyable to drive and not a maintenance headache.

I am one of 4 in my family that swear by the brand, the oldest being my uncle who has not owned anything but BMW since the 70s.

Let us know what choice you make....and post some pictures once you have them.

meegle

queenofdnile said:
Hi,

I don't really have any suggestions, sounds like you're ordering it pretty well loaded. If I hadn't needed the all wheel drive, I may have sprung for the 335. The 328 actually has all the power I'll ever need. Just a beautiful car! Guess you don't need heated seats in Orlando, but I sure do love them even though I live in central CA. (I hadn't originaly planned to add them but my co-workers who are all women insisted I would love them and as I said, I do) I believe the sport package has the performance tires which I also would have liked but aren't recommended in snow. (I drive to the mountains too often) My car is a coupe which gives it the sportier look that I prefer. I'd love to hear what you and your wife decide on; no matter what, you will love it.
After our test drive, we decided on the 335i as the difference was only $3700 between equally equiped 328i/335i . We have an SL550 that came with the heated seats and we haven't used it once (Orlando weather doesn't permit that).

She was sold on the sport pkg mainly due to the thicker steering wheel as well as the seats.
We will be ordering the vehicle later on this week as there were none in the system that matched our criteria.

Dave,

I have a 335 in the shop getting an Ipod cable installed...

The loaner they gave me is a 328i and I've had it for three days. I'm not sure if the loaner an 07' or 06' (if it makes a difference) but it is definitely not quite the car as the 335i is. If I had never driven 335 I would say the 328i is a great car you'll love it.. However, I have driven a 335i and now, I just can't say that anymore.

As for me, I couldn't go back. [:)]

PeterC4

328xi Coupe

My wife has a 328xi Coupe and it is very "tossable". Great handling and the AWD option has quite the impact, despite the fact that most readers think of it as being applicable in inclement weather only. It makes a difference in spirited driving. Its a good car.