Considering a new car.....

ok...i drive a 95' M3 right now, and i was thinking about these cars...please let me know what you think of these.

1.) 00' 330 ci with sport package

2.) 00' Audi S4

3.) 01' Lexus IS 300

4.) 99'-00' C5 Corvette

I think you should stick to BMW and go with the '00 330CI with sports package. Realistically, you have approximately 3 years to enjoy it before the re-design of the 3 series. On the other hand, the new Audi RS4 is already on the market. The '01 IS300 is nice, but you should stick to European engineering. As for the Corvette, you have power, but don't get to enjoy the combination of power/luxury as you would in a 330CI.

Let us know what you decide. Those are just my thoughts in brief. Goodluck!!!

If the E46 M3 where on the list there would be nothing else on there with it, because if i could afford that i wouldnt even bother with the rest of them. But i think its gonna be between the 330 and the S4

Make sure you know what you're getting into with a used S4. My friend has one and he lives in constant fear of $7k turbo failure. Go to www.audiworld.com and find out all of the issues on the bi-turbo V6, as there are several. A 2000.5 is the way to go, but as they get miles on them the maintenance costs rise exponentially. I think if you bought a used one and wanted to put everything right in terms of preventative maintenance upgrades (a hose here, a sensor there, etc.), you would have to stick $5-7k in it, including labor.

If AWD is a must, have you considered the new Volvo S60 R? I haven't driven it, but it seems like a hell of a value.

If AWD is not a must, stick with the bimmers. BTW, 2001 was the first year of the 330.

FWIW, if it was me, I would keep the M3. It looks like you're talking about a $30k purchase after selling the M3. If you keep the M3, which I will assume is worth $15k knowing nothing else about the car, you should still have $15k to buy something else, like an early A8, 740, convertible, etc. YMMV.

But, of course, I am biased towards the two (or more) car set-up.

sly

The only one of the four cars that I'm familiar with is the S4. It looks great inside and out, and has adequate power. Chipped S4s are easlily running in the upper 4s in 0-60, and mid 13s in the quarter. Do a VIN search prior to buying any used car. This could help to prevent any unpleasant surprises.

I've driven bothe the GS 300 and 400 on a closed course at a Lexus expo. The GS300 is beautiful, but has VERY mild handling and generally POOR accelleration. 0-60 is in the low 8's. My wife's new 325 out-performs it hands down.

The GS400 beefs-up the suspension & has decent performance. It's much more desireable & with its dressed-up interior. Still, it's geared for old fogies such as myself. Get the Vette if you want performance and affordability, but watch out for the insurance.