Dinan exhausts for M3? How do they sound?

[scratch] OK, I've had my M3 for about 3 months now, and its great, finally getting used to it, and all. Its not that I don't like the engine's high pitched growl, I just think it could benefit from a deeper sound.

The Dinan exhaust is an option, but then I have to switch to the Dinan's warranty. Anyone have any experience with Dinan's warranties? Also, does anyone have the Dinan exhaust, becuase ?

If you're just trying to get rid of the "rasp", you can purchase a rasp-x pipe from a place like UUC.

From what I understand, the "Dinan Warranty" will come into play only if their exhaust fails or if the exhaust causes some other BMW covered part to fail. Just by getting the exhaust does not mean that Dinan is responsible for your complete warranty.

As far as the dinan exhaust goes, I personally would not choose the dinan exhaust. On the Dinan setup, only one set of tips work; you'll still see the 4 tips but only one set actually works. The other side is just for "looks".

The exhaust I'm looking into right now is a complete "Cat-back" system from Magnaflow. I've seen it for $800 - $1000. Where most M3 exhaust are only the muffler section, the magnaflow is complete from the factory cats all the way back to the tips. [:)]

Thanks. I did hear that as well about the dummy exhausts, just meant to keep the 4 tip look, kind of dumb if you ask me. I'll look into that cat-back.

I have an evolution on my 92 sc300, which sounds AWESOME, loud, but not "souped-up, ratty Honda loud". It sounds absolutely menacing, but the car is old now, 135K miles on it. Gathering dust in my garage after getting my M3.