E90 NY Auto Show Sneak Preview Pics

deutsch100 said:
REALLY!! Go look at your wipers, and feel how solid they are. The blade on our E46s have a metal structure arm. This gives it incredible strength and rigidity. Besides from the Uni-wiper of most Benzes up until the early 2000s, BMW wipers are (were) the best.

Wonder why people bitch about the wipers on the new X3?? Cheap and flimsy...and the X3 at least has some structure support.

The new E90 wipers are just a piece of rubber sitting on the glass with no metal arm or support. When it is raining, but not really hard, there is not enough structural support/pressure for the rubber blade. It skips and jerks so bad, and the noise in the car is really enough to have an accident. I noticed yesterday the the Porsche Cayenne has them too.

Japanese cars copy most things German....but NOT 1 new Japanese car is using these new blades. They suck. Cost cutting in German Autos is becoming ridiculous. These are the things that confirms I made the BEST decision in getting a 2005 E46!!!!

Someone take my Soap Box away. I just cannot stand idiotic ways to save a buck...especially on a Benchmark car. Please, please do not F--k the 3 Series [?|]
Those wipers are from Valeo (Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blade). Both of my parents' S500's come with them and they are by far the best wipers on the face of this earth (I have tried out every major brand of wiper blade, too). They are completely silent, they wipe the windshield completely clean (NO streaking!), and they last significantly longer than typical wiper blades. Driving with these wipers in the rain makes a world of difference.

deutsch100 said:
Those are the same wipers that Mercedes has used since the 2001 S Class, and Volkswagen and Audi use them too. They are HORRIBLE, and they work awful. They have no metal structure/ridigity and skip and jerk all over the window in anything but pouring down rain...the noise will drive you absolutely mad. The only reason manufacturers are using them is they are light and cheap. BUT not cheap for us consumers. The old Benz Eccentric -Sweep uni-wiper refill blade was about $12.00. The new wipers that you think are "way cool"...are about $100.00 and NO auto part stores stock them. Another cost cutting, cheapo part. Sorry for the rant...but I HATE those wipers.
Mercedes uses those wipers as OEM. They are more expensive for the consumer and for Mercedes (that's why they initially only came with the S-Class and CL-Class). You can just remove them and use typical wiper blades if you don't like them, but nobody will do that. The Valeo wipers are amazing.