exhaust

Andjeti

What year 528i is it, I have an '86 (E28) and I quite liked the sound from a 2.5" installed by my local exhaust shop. I have no idea what brand muffler they used, but I liked the tone that I was getting, and it wasn't very expensive. Can't tell if it improved performance or not, though there wasn't a noticeable difference. As for a "brand name" Sports exhaust package, no idea sorry.

Jay

Andjeti

Ahhhh ok, well in that case, I have no idea sorry.

With a few of my cars, what I did was go between .5" and 1" bigger diameter from the manifold to the rear muffler, and then drop the tail pipe back .5", but make it twin. I found this didn't give my cars that shitty "I've welded a 12" tip so my car sounds like a jet" ricey sound. Also I am not one for loud cars, the cops are very strict over here with the volume that comes out of the exhausts, so I tend to go for a nice note instead.

Your best bet is probably to ring a few of your local exhaust shops and get their opinions on what would make it sound/perform better, and then make a descision from there. I've found you can often get a good custom made, mandrel bend, exhaust system cheaper this way than going for one of the big named pre made ones.

Jay

tiger

528 Exhasut

I am also exploring a performance exhasut for my 97 528i with minimal sound effects.

I was told that Dinan has some really nice 'single' tone ones to use. I wil be talking to my BMW performance shop this afternoon. I'll let you know!!