getting an 02 m3!!

Congrats, I bet you are one happy camper.

I've heard that a car can always benefit from more air. I am planning on adding headers, cold air intake, and a new exhaust to my 95 m3. My stepfather used to race in the 1960's and he said that these modifications will help the engine.

It's funny, everytime I post anything about upgrades on this site it seems as though people are scared to comment. Maybe that don't won't to be linked to a personal failure.

Good luck, enjoy.

Post some pictures when you get the car! The first thing you should do is change the fluids and replace the air filter.

For mods, start with the basics: air intake, exhaust, and ECU chip. MReedBMWM3 made a good suggestion regarding headers but that mod will make things significantly louder.

I have heard of some problems with 02 M3's Is your car a stickshift? SMG has had some early problems that were supposed to be repogrammed, as well as somethign else in the engine bay that caused engines to blwo up. Im sure it was probably alreayd fixed under warranty.

As far as mods go the basic starter bolt on is a Cold Air Intake and then cat-back exhaust. Honestly you really wont be gaining much numbers out of them, but hey, if everyone else's is doing it why cant ya?

megzm3 said:
buying an 02 m3 anyone have any good ideas for mods??? or heard of any problems with the car?? [8)]
1st mod I'd do is clear bra, next I'd do a short shifter.

Most of the problems I've had with mine are noise related. Clunks, rattles, etc. All of which I've been told are normal.

Make sure your's has had the bearing recall done. How long til the ride is your's? [drinking]

Tom

Staff Team
Yup clear bra would be a great first mod. Then maybe tint, wheels, intake, exhaust, chip, and suspension.