Good Deal or Not?

Just looking for some help from all you seasoned BMW people.....THis is the second time leasing and I still get a bit confused from all the jargon

Is this a good deal or not

Leasing for 3 years 12k per year

328I with metallic and leather
SPort Pack
Prem Pack
steptronic
xenon
heated seats
Nav
comfort access
Prem sound

Just about everything and have been quoted a price of $597.00 per month

Would love the 335 but love all these options and that would just be to much for my blood

What do you think?

Thanks
[cheers]

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
Is that with nothing down? Including the bank fee and taxes within the payment? I did get a quote on the the X3 with options giving it an MSRP of 45k, for $597 a month with nothing down. I'd say it's a pretty decent deal, try and haggle it down a little more. Maybe have them take off 1,000+ on the sales price. I hate when they quote lease figures using msrp for the sales price or taking off a few hundred to make it even on the thousand.

Otherwise it's not bad, although it could be better... The only reason why the 335i has a higher lease is not because it's 5,000 more, which in reality would make the payment around $635 a month assuming your figures, it's because its a new model with the twin turbo engine, and well BMW does not have any lease programs on it. Somewhat like the M3, it's a car they don't really want to lease out to just anybody.

I do think you would be happy with the 328i, it's a step up from the 325i, infact it gives you E46 330i performance for the 325i price. 230hp vs 225hp.

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
Id try and get the bank fee and tax included in the payment. In the event the car were totaled, who wants to lose the money paid upfront? BMW is also running a special lease rate on the 328i right now. You can also try using the calculator on the build your own BMW portion of the bmwusa.com website. Although the reason for the high payment might very well be because of all these options. I went to a Honda dealer with a friend to negotiate a lease on a hybrid accord LX-V6 with Navigation and was surprised that the monthly payment went up by $120 simply because of the Navigation unit. The additional 5k in options resulted in the payment going from 279 a month to 469, what a shocker! This was on dealer inventory too, and they refused to bargain.

Also are you sure about the sport package, for upstate NY? I think it comes with performance tires, I'm assuming it wont be your winter beater?

I use it in the winter but I drive very little....I am tax accountant so from now until April 15th I do nothing , go no where and round trip to the office is only 4 miles.......but you are right...last year I got stuck at the Dunkin Donut drive up window...Swear to god.....

Oh yeah, the big payment is def the options....could get in near $430 without al of them....the Nav is costing me 30 more a month...I guess that is not bad considering leasing for 3 years ...30 *36 months is 1080 for a $2100 option....

cal on the bmw site is actually higher than what the dealer quoted me by 25-30 bucks a month.......

Thanks

Its a sedan.......the dealer still has not sent me the final paperwork to sign so I will see the exact number hopefully by tomorrow.

I optioned for just about everything..........

drew328

I think that is a pretty good deal. Mine doesn't have nav, heated seats, or comfort access. I do have the rest tho. I leased for 3 years 12k and was 2k upside down on my trade in and my payment is 675.

even better now...dealer called me last Friday and said new lease rates for Feb were lower and my payment is now only 571.00.....Made my day

meegle

jcrosi said:
even better now...dealer called me last Friday and said new lease rates for Feb were lower and my payment is now only 571.00.....Made my day

Not to burst your bubble but there have been a few 335i guys that got lease deals in the $540-$560 range with nothing down.

$571 for a 328i seems excessive even if loaded . JMHO

BMW had been advertising lease specials with $2500 down on base models in the $329 range.

Good luck on which ever route you choose [thumb]