Help with On-Board Computer Code...

03x5er

Hello everyone,

I've had my manual set stolen from my car a month ago and was wondering if anyone could help me out with info on setting up my security code... I can't seem to get that code option up when i hit the bottom right button... I'm so paranoid about my car getting jacked. (btw, be wary of parking in the NYC chinatown/east village area)

a little help please...

G2X5

Had the same prob. Answer is when you turn off the X - Don't turn the key all the way and remove it. Just turn key off one position (motor turns off but accessories will still be active).

Your "Code" option should then be accessible. You turn the dial for the first number and press. It then allows you to select the second number then press, etc. until all four are set. When your done setting the last code, simply turn your key the rest of the way and remove.

Now your safe.

When you return, insert the key and turn to the first position only (Not all the way to start). The security screen will show up and allow you to to enter the numbers by again turning the dial and pressing which advances you to the next space. Once all four are done, select "Deactive". You can then turn the key the rest of the way and start the vehicle.

If you mess up, I think it lets you go back at the end of selecting all 4 spaces.

If you try to start the vehicle without entering the preset code, (or get it wrong) it won't start and you only have two more chances before global thermonuclear war ensues.

You have to set this each time you want to use the feature. I know it sounds like a lot, but I set it everyday when I park downtown Chicago and it's very fast, once you get the hang of it.

Good luck