Newbie here, need your expertise...

The following are the specs...

2006 325i
Alpine White/ Beige Dakota Leather
Premium Package
Steptronic
Xenon Headlights
Satellite Radio preparation

The MSRP is 36,645. Inovice is 33,995. They are willing to sale it for 35,395. That will be a dealer profit of 1,400. Anyhows, they go on to say that, and this an exact quote, "Since BMW does not have holdback ( the standard guaranteed 3% profit to the dealership), the price would come out to approximately $300 over invoice when comparing to other manufacturers." What does that mean, and am I really getting $300 over invoice?

Aha. No, you're getting it for $1400 over invoice. I think they're trying to say that it would be the equivalent of paying $300 over invoice compared to other car manufacturers. REGARDLESS it really shouldn't be your worry what their profit is, don't let them give you the sop story about how they're not making much off the sale. It isn't your problem. I'm not sure about prices over in the US, someone else here can prob tell you if that's a good deal, but in the mean time, do some searching at other dealerships and see what prices you could get and if they can do any better. At the end of the day, you should be shopping around to make sure you're getting the best deal you can.

you're really getting it for $1400 over invoice, but you can try to shop around, maybe you can get a better deal, even though that one is not too bad