I need help Pleasessssss

On Friday, when I got off from work. I saw a deep scratch on my passenger side about 9" long. So deep that see the metal. I used G27, Megauar's Xscatch, Color back from Turtle wax..none of them are working. I'm so upset. I can't believe it happended at work. Any suggestion what else to use? or Anyone know any good place to take my car to and get look at? I'm in Dallas, Texas area. I will upload the pic soon. Are there any good and affordable spy camera I can use?

I'm so upset right now and I think I know who did it but I have no prove..gosssshhhhhhh I'm trying to set him up again if i'm right..then I will kill that @#$%@#$%% goshssshhhhhhhhh.

thanks guys

2003 330CI Alpine white
sport package, premium package, xenon

Tom

Staff Team
Sorry to hear, I think once you see metal...nothing is going to work other than having a bodyshop repaint the area. The Scratch removers can only work on mild scratches.

Big Daddy

I agree with Tom, once your down to metal it's either a bodyshop or a touchup paint tube. I know it has been done with a tube,but you have to be good and smooth. Does it appear to be a door bump or was it intentional with a sharp object?

From the scrath appear to me is intentional, I'm so mad and want to find out who did that. I want to get it fix right. I don't have any touch up paint. how come when you brought a brand new car they don't include touch up paint for you??..just barely see the metal not really deep deep. Any other suggestion?

Big Daddy

Tell your dealer you want a touchup pack, it comes with a tube of your cars color and one of clear coat. He should give this to you free of charge. Do not use the brush in the tube, get an artist's brush at an art store, real fine one. You apply light coats until you build the paint up to match the rest of the paint, then apply a coat of clear. It wil not be perfect, but if you take your time it will turn out ok. Try this site first for more information and a helpful product.

Langka

VANCE

keep applying coats until you get a good base built up..let it set for a day or two then get some VERY fine(ie.1500grit) sandpaper and sand it down...then you will need to hit the spot with a buffer[thumb]

I just spoke with my sale person, he said with that long of the scrath will not come out good with touchup pack. He ask me to go there and he will take me over to the body shop and get it look at and see what we can do. Hopefull not too much to get it fix. I will keep you guys posted. Thank you so much for everyone. Let me know anything other suggestion.

Unless you are good at touchup painting, have the dealer do it so it gets done correctly (proper color match, etc.). Get an estimate first so some of the cost can possibly be recouped from your insurance company. With bare metal showing, the sooner it gets done the better. I can only imagine how you feel and hope you catch the scum that did it. Good luck!

I hope I catch that scum and if I do I will let all of my anger out on them. Since this happended to me. I start to look for spy cam for the car. I found this site http://www.spytechs.com/spy_cameras/car_camera.htm with this kit that have motion sensor and will take up to 680 digital images and you can watch it with tv or monitor. Have anyone using this kit? or any good kit that I can use to catch them? thanks

I went to the dealership and try to get the touchup pack and there are out, and I called all of the dealership around DFW and none of them have it. they said probably take up to 6 months to get it in...oh my godddd I need it badly. May I borrow it from someone on here? My car is 2003 330CI Alpine white. I swear and promise I will ship it back when I'm done. just a 9" scratch. I will pay for it if need to. I can't wait that long or else it will rust on me. Thank you so much.

pb1856

dumayou said:
I went to the dealership and try to get the touchup pack and there are out, and I called all of the dealership around DFW and none of them have it. they said probably take up to 6 months to get it in...oh my godddd I need it badly. May I borrow it from someone on here? My car is 2003 330CI Alpine white. I swear and promise I will ship it back when I'm done. just a 9" scratch. I will pay for it if need to. I can't wait that long or else it will rust on me. Thank you so much.
You can order it from Circle BMW I am sure. www.circlebmw.com

http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/paint.htm

pb1856

Thanks for the info. I called them too and they are on back order and they not even sure when they going to get some more in. I need it badly, I can get it fix as soon as I get the paint. Please someone help. I promise I will get it back to you.

Thanks Vlad,

I got estimate from independent bodyshop to fix it for $250, and he said he have to paint the whole door to match it. since my car really new only 2 months old should have no problem to match. Also I asked him what kinda of paint he use and he said the same as factory use. I don't know I should get it done at independent bodyshop for $250 or at BMW shop for $675...what you guys think? I need advice..thanks.

I went to Huffine Dealership yesterday to get estimate and this guy work in the bodyshop will fix it for $140. He do it on the weekend at the shop (side thing). I'm sure he will do fine. He said they use PPG paint. I guess PPG ain't bad right? and he will match it perfect and you can even tell he said. Whiteout or Touchup will not be perfect. Thanks

I need your guys advice, what should I do?? if anyone have their BMW paint outside of dealership even better..let me know

Should I get it fix at:

BMW dealership for $675

or

Ford / Hyndai Dealership for $140

what should I do?

thanks