I want new wheels, any ideas?

Thanks for the info. I like what you have. Do you run 18's or 19's? Right now I've got brand new Continental tires, they are okay, better than the stock ones, thinking of changing those out too when I change the rims. I guess I need to take a picture of my car and post it don't I? Better wash it first!!![:D]

Hamman's were my first choice but I want something just a little different but not too far out to look good.

I've been to Phoenix in August, its almost as bad as Havasu only in Havasu you get on the boat and go bar hopping and its great!

Tom

Staff Team
debbie said:
what color is your m? Black, or carbon or sapphire black? They say mine is Carbon but it looks blue sometimes.
Hamman and HRE make awesome wheels.

Check out tirerack.com, they have a little tool that shows you how each wheel looks on your M3.

Don't the 19" make the ride a lot tougher? Sorry, I downsized from a tricked out 99 Suburban. It had a pretty stiff suspension, right now this feels pretty good on 18's. I'm game if it gets me where I wanna be. What would I need to do to support the 19's?

debbie said:
what color is your m? Black, or carbon or sapphire black? They say mine is Carbon but it looks blue sometimes.
Mine? Jet Black. There's a couple of decent photos in the gallery section.

The 19"s are a little rougher of a ride, but I would only guess about 5-9% rougher than the 18"s. The control is quite a bit better w/ the 19's though. The only drawback to the 19"s that I see is potholes! If the roads in your driving areas aren't in good shape, stick to the 18"s. The last thing you'll want is a bent rim due to a pothole.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, the pothole thing, Livermore is your typical small city, potholes love this place. Not to mention driving over in San Francisco, thats always a treat. I'm worried about it with the stock rims since they are so soft already. Jet black, huh? Thats what I was looking for before I bought mine. I've always owned black cars, there is just something about them. Like they say, you see it and you know its the one. In as much as what the materials the after market rims are made of, is there any difference there?

Yeah, after my first black 325es, I didn't have to think twice. The carbon black did catch my eye, but I just had to have the jet black. And yes, I am apparently into self abuse, it is a bit of a pain to keep spotless.

Typically, you can cet cast or forged wheels. Cast wheels generally cost less and forged wheels are stronger and usually cost more.

maybe something gun metal? thus brake dust blends in. i might do something like that for my 328iS, but then again i would clean my wheels every 3 or 4 days, so i don't care if they are light or dark.

I went to the Hamann site and saw these Tracer Tech I's they are 3 piece wheels and look kinda cool. I know that I want it to look good as well as fly, too. But I don't want to fall apart either. Heck, I haven't even pushed the sport button yet!