I want new wheels, any ideas?

Debbie, Bin those pain in the butt to keep clean multispokes and go for any 5 or 7 spoke wheel. Personally, I favour the 18in as a max size, coz anything bigger just follows anything it the eneven road. used 2 run 19's on my M3 but binned then soon after for 18's. They look great and give acceptable handling and ride comfort.

Momo wheels look nice, its not the price I'm really worried about, I want to make sure that 1) I don't rub in the front wells and 2) that there is more offset. I'm really leaning toward Hamanns or HRE's right at the moment. Vlad has really nice rims, I like his a lot, but my husband won't let me go to 19's til I wear out my new Conti's. The way I drive, probably not hard to do!!![:D] Then I could get some nice tires to match the 19's!!!![thumb] What kind of tires do you suggest? There are so many out there. Oh, I saw an M here in town, of course I checked it out up close, he had 19's and had done something inside of the wheel wells, felt like cloth or fiber, what is that for? Is it for noise reduction? Do you need to change anything in the front suspension to help out with the 19's so they don't tear up the underside?

Big Daddy

The trick to not rubbing is the right combination of rim and tire. Why do you want more offset, to get the tire out of the wheel well more?

Tires depend on what you want to do. Are you looking for a summer/winter combination, track, or summer only, do you need a rain tire? I prefer a good high quality performance tire, Z rated and I do not get all season tires. There are lots to choose from, however I think we all agree that quality is important vs price.

Not sure about the cloth thing in the wheel wheels. I know some people that rolled the fender lip so that they would not rub when turning.

Maybe offset isn't what I mean. What I want is for the rim to be flat about 3 to 4 inches in from the outside to the spokes on the rear and whatever goes on the front. What is that called? I don't want it to stick outside of the body. Sorry, its been a while since I put a car together, like, as long as I've been married!!! LOL!!! We have built numerous Jeeps over the years, now its my turn again!

As far as the tire thing, here in California, we don't need season specific tires. The Continentals that I have now are all season Z's which is fine. Having in-laws that are CHP limits my ability to really drive like I want so I don't need something for racing per se.[rolleyes]

That cloth thing was weird. Never saw that before. I've heard of people spraying that goo on the under carriage for noise but never for rubbing. News to me, but I've been out of the loop for a long time. Its just fun learning what I can do, what I shouldn't do, and what I'm gonna do!

Last edited:
Those are nice, but I wanna be different. I showed my 12 yr old son what Vlad has on his (the Imola's) all he said was "pimpin, get them." Plus I don't want to spend all my time cleaning all of the spokes, 5 or 6 are plenty! AND I want them to be two toned, polished lip and stainless spokes or maybe all the way polished., not sure yet. I have time, not in a hurry. Going to have my front skirt redone, change out the reflectors to body color, and the signals, then I'll do the wheels and start on the good stuff.