m3 lip spoiler on a convertible?

hey guys, im new here, and i dont even have an M3, but my cousin does, and im trying to find some info for him, so i would really appreciate it if you guys could bare with me.

well, he has a 2005 silver grey M3 convertible, and he told me that he wanted to find one of those trunk lip spoilers that come on the M3 coupes. so i was looking around, and i found some on ebay, that are said to be specifically designed for the convertible, since the convertible is a bit shorter in width (iirc). here is the auction, if you guys want to check it out for yourselves. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7985216171 . so we got the spoiler in the mail a couple days ago, and when he tried to install it, he said that it required alot of bending, and he wasnt sure if it was supposed to be like that. i believe the spoilers are made of ABS plastic.

so i guess my question is, is there anyone out there with an convertible m3 who has installed one of these lip spoilers, and if their's was a perfect fit, or did they have to bend it as well.

anyone with any other helpful information, i would love to hear from, because i would really hate for this spoiler not to be used, since i cant return it.

Sorry to hear about that...I do not think that he should have had to bend it so much.

However, I have no experience with these type of spoilers but I do plan on getting one in the near future.

I always get my products from www.Bimmian.com, you can specify which type of BMW you have and they will show you the products that correspond solely to that vehicle.

If you do plan on getting another spoiler, I would use the above. But honestly, if the spoiler looks fine sitting there on the trunk, then don't bother with it. It's all aesthetic anyway!

Good luck.

hey man, thanks for the quick response.

im not 100% sure on this, but i think, from what i gathered over the phone, he has not actually stuck it on yet, i think he was just doing a test-fitting and he was telling me how he would actually need two people to put it on, because when it bends one side, the other side lifts up.

and regarding the link posted, thank you very much, and i will pass that website on to him, its good to know that its a trusted and respected site where he/i can buy things and will not have to worry so much, and i also plan on buying him some of those keyhole covers for his birthday [:)] . but as i have seen at other sites, the site you showed me only specified a coupe and sedan, where as i have found out that the convertible is actually shorter, which is why i was very hopeful about this ebay item, since it actually specified itself for a convertible.

anyone else have any helpful information?

Tom

Staff Team
Yes order it from Bimmian and you should be fine. If the spoiler is resisting enough where the other side sticks up when you tried to install it, it's probably the wrong one. I've seen aftermarket M3 lip spoilers installed on Audi A4's and it doesn't resist as you say.

The M3 lip spoiler for the Coupe that Bimmian has should go perfectly well with your friends convertible.

Good luck!