"mazdaspeed killer" video...

mrferg said:
Why the hell is VW moving upmarket? they have Audi, Porsche, and Lamborghini for that! Volks-wagen....People's-car...
Apparently they want to sell Volkswagens to ALL of the people, along with Audi and Lamborghini.

VW doesn't own Porsche. Porsche is privately held by the Porsche family.

Ferdinand Piech, grandson of Ferdinand Porsche, was head of VW from 1993-2002. They have shared some development over the years, such as the 914 and 924

mrferg said:
Why the hell is VW moving upmarket? they have Audi, Porsche, and Lamborghini for that! Volks-wagen....People's-car...
I am not sure what VW is doing. I think they see a price point on SUV's and so they bring one out that tops out a 40K, right in the average range of many SUV's. They most likely want to be part of that market with the Touareg rather than the Kia and so on in the 20's. Otherwise, they stick to the same average price range of all auto makers with the main selling price for the bulk of vehicles at 19-22k. And then just like all the others, they have their high-end, Passat in this case, if you max out will hit 33-35k.

Bryan330i said:
I am not sure what VW is doing. I think they see a price point on SUV's and so they bring one out that tops out a 40K, right in the average range of many SUV's. They most likely want to be part of that market with the Touareg rather than the Kia and so on in the 20's. Otherwise, they stick to the same average price range of all auto makers with the main selling price for the bulk of vehicles at 19-22k. And then just like all the others, they have their high-end, Passat in this case, if you max out will hit 33-35k.
We can't forget the soon to be Phaeton.

http://www.vw.com/phaeton/mini/flash.htm

Make no mistake about it.

VW is coming hard on all levels.

The Toureg and Phaeton are going to be joined by a new model to compete against the 5-series and E-class, at a lower price. It is said to be a "radically styled seven-seat wagon/multipurpose vehicle" It will share the next-gen Audi A6 platform.

Don't forget the microbus, which may or may not see production.

Oh, and have you seen the new 261 hp mid-engined roadster Concept R? This should be in stores 2006 to fight Boxsters and Z4s.

brahtw8 said:
Quality and Content win out over Quantity. [thumb]
Amen brahtw8, and so far that is all you have contributed to this board from all the post of you'res (Quality and Content ) that I have read. Keep up the good work and quality posts. [thumb]

///M SPEED said:
Amen brahtw8, and so far that is all you have contributed to this board from all the post of you'res (Quality and Content ) that I have read. Keep up the good work and quality posts. [thumb]
Thanks. [:D] You're not so bad yourself. [;)]

hmm, sorry to interrupt gentlemen...but the car is throwing so much white smoke. need a new headgasket and get all the damn coolant out of the engine [B)] [B)]