My first BMW

Hey ya'll!!! I just bought a slightly used (<7000 miles) 2006 325i. It is fully loaded, except for navigation. It has the premium package, sport package, cold-weather package, blah blah blah (I'm a girl and some of the other stuff I don't care/undertand.yet). I got a really good deal on it. I have to admit...I am in love with the car. I was looking to get a C-class benz, but after test driving the 3 series I was hooked. I just wanted to say hello and I hope to learn a lot from everyone here!

Please feel free to send any information my way about the car. I believe it is similar to the new 2007 328i.

I do have a question [???1] . I do not have an alarm on the car, but I read that someone mentioned that it is okay, I can just have the "clown nose" blink. What the heck is that...and I do I get it to blink???

Also, I do have the sport tires/runflat tires on my car...well...so far so good. I have no idea what brand they are, I will check in the morning.

Hope everyone a merry xmas and happy holidays!!

Welcome to the board!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy your car much more than a C-class. You should also post some pictures of you car.

The clown nose is reffering to a red led beneath the rear view mirror, on BMWs that have the factory alarm installed the led blinks every couple of seconds when the car is locked or the alarm is armed. You can have this programmed to blink when your car is locked so it looks like you have an alarm installed. There are instructions on how to do it floating around on the internet but you should also be able to take it to a dealership and have them do it for you if you're lucky/persistent - most times they just try to get you to have the alarm installed.

bmviz

alarm

Welcome to the board iyak. Depends on your location in LA, I will recomend still to consider BMW alarm. It cost $200 - $300 plus install and you may get discount on your insurance.
Best, [wave]