My NSX at BMW CCA Car Control Clinic

My NSX at BMW CCA Car Control Clinic (not 56k)

Thought I'd finally reveal the NSX, in all her shiney glory. [:D]

Alright, lemme have it . . . .

Last edited:
VANCE said:
very nice indeed[thumb] ...is that a toyota matrix back there?
Thanks. And yes, the Matrix has you. There was a wide variety to say the least. I wanted to trade rides for a run with the Superformance Cobra and/or the E46 M3s, but those guys were chicken. [mad]

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
That car is Horrible! jk That was said COMPLETELY out of envy. I hate you! jk That was said COMPLETELY out of jealousy. I would rather have my 1985 318i! jk That was said COMPLETELY out of stupidity. As you can see, I have very deepset issues. That is a very beautiful car, and I feel happy for you to own it.

Last edited:
The 91-92 camber setting is extremely aggressive (toe out) and designed for driving the car rather hard, so if you don't (and most people don't, even those who think they do), they can wear down the insides in 5k miles or less. 93+ camber is not so bad. I have had to replace the rears already, but they weren't new when I bought it and I have put over 5k on it since I bought it.

Tires cost the same as other tires do, given their size and performance. You can spend $100 or less or $300 or more. My rears were $170 each.

mrferg said:
That is one incredible looking machine, bet it's fast as hell to.[:D]
Not bad. The gearing is very tall, i.e. 44 mph in 1st, 81 mph in 2nd, 116 in 3rd, 145 in 4th and 168 in 5th.

The 0-60 for a stock 91-94 3.0 liter car is around 5.3. The quarter around 13.6.

The 1-2 shift takes the car out of the powerband. With different gears, the car runs 5.0 0-60. At 50 mph or higher, it pulls very nicely to its 8000 rpm rev limiter. It lives to bounce of that rev limiter and lets out a wail from 5-8k that is simply beautiful. Those who say it has no soul are fools. It is not the greatest car in the world. It is the best value in an exotic car available today.

junglestylz said:
That car is Horrible! jk That was said COMPLETELY out of envy. I hate you! jk That was said COMPLETELY out of jealousy. I would rather have my 1985 318i! jk That was said COMPLETELY out of stupidity. As you can see, I have very deepset issues. That is a very beautiful car, and I feel happy for you to own it.
First car I ever drove was my parent's 1985 318i.

It was 1990, I was 14.

Fastest car I have ever driven, in terms of my perception of acceleration.

Not a very fast car in reality, particularly with the slushbox (slur for automatic) we had. Otherwise, the E30s are quality. Better interior materials than in my E36.

brahtw8 said:

Otherwise, the E30s are quality. Better interior materials than in my E36.
The only thing about the interior of the E36 that bothers me is the vents on the dash. I know that is a trivial thing, but they just don't look germanic, I still really like the E36 though![:D]

mrferg said:
The only thing about the interior of the E36 that bothers me is the vents on the dash. I know that is a trivial thing, but they just don't look germanic, I still really like the E36 though![:D]
I've got much love for the E36. My only point is that if you sit in an E30 you will be impressed by the quality of the interior materials, which took a step down for the E36. Also, if you talk to your local BMW master mechanic, he/she will tell you that the E30s don't have near the problems that the E36s do. The jury is still out on the E46, as they haven't been around long enough to start developing significant problems with longevity.