My NSX at BMW CCA Car Control Clinic

J

JamieD22

Beautiful car, brahtw8... Didn't even notice your sig before now! Occasionally I'll snap my neck over one on the highway, but they are indeed rare & exotic - and agreed the best bang for the buck...[driving]

Those cars are just plain beautiful. I think I may have seen three in my life. I saw one online for lease once.....$1000 a month. [eek] I'd love to take one out for a spin...but I doubt I'll ever get to. Who knows, though? I never thought I'd own a BMW either. [:D]

Bear6360 said:
Those cars are just plain beautiful. I think I may have seen three in my life. I saw one online for lease once.....$1000 a month. [eek] I'd love to take one out for a spin...but I doubt I'll ever get to. Who knows, though? I never thought I'd own a BMW either. [:D]
Acura has (had?) a great lease deal on the 2003s. $799/month w/0 down.

adamsonem

1000 Post Club
Re: Tires

mafialouie said:
I've heard that those NSX have a tendancy to tear rear tires to pieces. Am I right and about how much is it for a set of rear tires?
My neighbor has a Camaro (auto) and his girlfrend (wife???) has an NSX (manual). I swear EVERYTIME that guy leaves, he burns out in the Camaro, and they threw a fartcan on the NSX. I'm sure when he drives the NSX, he goes through tires like crazy.... [xx(]

Re: Re: Tires

adamsonem said:
My neighbor has a Camaro (auto) and his girlfrend (wife???) has an NSX (manual). I swear EVERYTIME that guy leaves, he burns out in the Camaro, and they threw a fartcan on the NSX. I'm sure when he drives the NSX, he goes through tires like crazy.... [xx(]
Not a fan of the 'fartcan' exhaust, but I do like loud exhausts. It really depends more on the engine than anything else. A little 1.6 liter four cylinder is not going to have the deep growl of a 2.5 liter inline six or 5.0 liter V8. My tri-flow is perfect, the RSR is too quiet. Next year I will put a set of headers and a new exhaust on it, which is good for an honest 20 hp. and 10-15 ft/lbs tq.

As indicated above, the rear camber is such that NOT driving the car hard will cause the rear tires to wear out prematurely. It is not that the entire tire wears down, just the inside edge, so if he drives it as it was intended he may actually prolong tire life, since the tires will wear evenly.

I have crazy camber in the rear (currently -3.7 degrees) so I have to drive the car hard to keep it even, which doesn't necessarily mean driving the car fast. I suppose that wouldn't be a bad excuse if I encounter Johnny Law. [;)]

adamsonem

1000 Post Club
OMG that camber is crazy!

Yea, I am a fan of a louder car, but I like the natural sound, not the mimicking of a bee. I chopped the airbox when I had my E30, and it was louder when I had the pedal floored, and I knew it was the beautiful sound of a naturally aspirated engine at high performance. An exhaust, for me, has to hit the right tone or I don't like it at all, and these 4" exhaust / mufflers ?!?! It's ridiculous IMO.