my poor rims

i was cleaning my rims the other week using that eagle spray stuff for aluminum alloy metals and it had been working fine before, but this day it wasnt cleaning the brake dust or dirt off the rim at all. it almost seemed like it was locking it in. scrubbing the rim got a lot of the dust off, but when it dried, a white haze appeared all over the rim. so now i had a rim which was still dirty, and now had this white haze all over it. so i tried using meguiars soft wash to see if that would help. it didnt. so i threw the eagle stuff in the garbage. the only way i got the dirt off was to really scrub the hell out of the rims. so now i have hazed rims with little scratches all over them. you only notice it when your right up on them, but i can see them more than i want to.
so what do you think i should do to clean them up? a friend of mine suggested using some dawn to cut the grease and then maybe apply some wax on it when im finished...
has anyone else had this problem before?
[?|]

ouch that sounds reall bad. i wonder why all of a sudden it quits working while it was fine before??? anyway, i know there is rims polish out there and polish is nothing else than a deep cleaning thing. did you try that? don't worry, polishing will not end up as chromy rims but just remove all sorts of dust and stuff. but be aware it is a sh!tload of work to do!

Wadula said:
ouch that sounds reall bad. i wonder why all of a sudden it quits working while it was fine before??? anyway, i know there is rims polish out there and polish is nothing else than a deep cleaning thing. did you try that? don't worry, polishing will not end up as chromy rims but just remove all sorts of dust and stuff. but be aware it is a sh!tload of work to do!
To add to Wadula's post, it is a lot of hard work. I would suggest taking the rims off the car if you decide to polish them. This will make a lot easier and less strenuous on the back. Good luck and hope you remedy the situation.

carcus

1000 Post Club
Maguiers chrome wheel cleaner, then Maguiers chrome polish, helps out alot. Wax can help out also. I hate brake dust also, they make shields to cut down on the dust, but they look cheap and ugly to me and seem like they could hinder rotor cool down. I just deal with the dust....they sell good pads that leave low amounts of dust also. Check into that next time you need brake pads.