Need help with Garage Remote

Hi,
I'm having trouble programming my 328xi's integrated garage remote. I do have an opener (Lift Master) that is an "alternating-code" type transmitter. We tried everything in the BMW book, and also in the opener instruction book. No luck. Any suggestions? While I'm on here, I also am having some trouble with the phone. Have a Razr v3m and it downloaded the entire phone book without a problem. Everything works well except the voice activated feature. I can tell it to dial a number and it will, but it won't dial by name. Any suggestions?

try the homelink website. I think you have to press a button on the actual openner and then do the sequence on the car. I know there are full instructions on the website.

I found this advice from this same board last year. It worked!!
Here you go for anyone else with this problem....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Synch the transmitter in the car with your existing garage door opener:

1a. Press the handheld transmitter button less than 2 inches from your car visor
1b. At the same time, press the desired button on your car built-in visor opener
1c. Wait until the light on your visor blinks rapidly and then holds solid.

2. Sync your car with the opener in the roof of your garage:

2a. Press the synch botton on the opener mounted in your house (usually this is a button located next to the light bulbs. The LED next to that button should begin to flash slowly
2b. Within 30 seconds, go to your car and press the button on the visor (the same one you programmed in step #1!). The light in the visor opener should blink and then again go solid.
2c. Repeat step 2b a second time within another 30 seconds until the light in the visor opener blinks and then goes solid.

3. Push the visor opener button and verify the synch.

4. Store your old opener someplace secure where you can find it.

5. Get in BMW and drive someplace with lots of twisties...