Need tire size HELP!

740IRon

Help......
I'm a long time reader and first time writter. I bought 20" BBS replica wheels for my 740I the problem is everyone want's to sell me tires that match the diameter of the factory wheels. However with a 20" rim that only leaves about 2.5" of rubber. I'd like to have about 3.5-4" of rubber. What is the largest tire I could use that would'nt rub or require extra work on the fenders? So far the suggestion is: 255/35/20 fronts & 275/30/20 rear

Big Daddy

They want to sell you tires that match the diameter of the factory setup because that is what you need to do to maintain your speedometer's integerity for one thing. What year is your car? If you have DSC or ASC changing the diameter of the tires can result in lose of power and acceleration as the system will interrupt the change as wheel slippage.

740IRon

Hey! thanks, it's a 1997, so what sizes would you suggest ? I am buying rims that are 8.5" front & 10" rear and am taking seriously what you said about the speedometer integrity and loss of power, etc.... so with that understood, what size do I need?