New and Confused

iNvrLrn

hey everyone [wave] , been doing some bmw searches on google and found this site

recently bought my first car a 1990 bmw 325is. really fun to drive [driving]

its in fairly good condition but there are some minor problems with it
need to learn how to fix it myself being broke and all but i'm clueless since this is my first car
[???1] [???1] [???1]
and good places to start learning?

Buy the Bentley Service manual, I bought it and love it. Good luck with the 325is, I'm addicted to mine.[hihi]

If you're interested in learning, hang out here, these guys are BMW geniuses, well some at least.[hihi]

iNvrLrn

thanks, i'll look into it
sorta afraid the manual is going to be complicated[eek] and i wont get a word its saying

anyone from the santa barbara / ventura area?

iNvrLrn

I would love to post some pics, but the only camera I have as of now is a crappy logitech quickcam. [:(]
I might be able to take some pics from the window............ [idea]

One more thing, does the bentley manual give description of parts and their purpose. I'm clueless when it comes to part names and function. [???1] Haha I'm 110% noob. If you guys could give me some direction that would be great. [pray]

Thanks.

<signature in the works>

Tom

Staff Team
Welcome aboard, if you have a question about your car then post and we'll try our best to point you in the right direction.[thumb]

ILuvBMW

Welcome! I have always heard that the Bentley manuals are easier to read than 'See Spot Run'. This site is truly great though. Any problem you have at least one perosn will have an idea on what to do.

Ben

welcome man. i got the haynes manual when i first got my car, then i tryed to do what it said. very bad mistake. get the bently manual, its the best out there. thats one sweet car you got, i wish i had the 325is. btw, whats the difference between the 325i and the 325is?
ben

Ben said:
welcome man. i got the haynes manual when i first got my car, then i tryed to do what it said. very bad mistake. get the bently manual, its the best out there. thats one sweet car you got, i wish i had the 325is. btw, whats the difference between the 325i and the 325is?
ben
325i is the regular 4door sedan, the 325is is a 2door coupe with sport stuff. The sport stuff includes sport seats with adjustable knee supports, rear trunk spoiler, and some suspension uggrades (not sure exactly what they are) Basically the 325is has every option possible in an E30, not including the M3.