New M3 (2008) on streets of L.A.

Actually it was in Calabasas (about 30 miles NW) of Downtown L.A.

No disguise, no manufacturer plates, no hidden roundel badges and it had CA plates.

The website still has it listed as a 'Future Model'. Wonder what's up?

It was black on black, and it sounded great. Sadly, in person it really does not look better/hotter/more expensive than a 335i/328i coupe with sport package. I thought for sure it would blow me away, once I saw it in perosn, but I think I would rather have a loaded 335i coupe, and sock the $ saved from the M3 in the bank.

Big Daddy

Ahh Adam, now I am disappointed and not looking forward to actually seeing the thing. Hey on a different note and not to hyjack, but are you safe from the fires? I guess my brothers cabin in Crestline is being threatened at this time, but he is safe in Riverside...for now!

Ahh Adam, now I am disappointed and not looking forward to actually seeing the thing. Hey on a different note and not to hyjack, but are you safe from the fires? I guess my brothers cabin in Crestline is being threatened at this time, but he is safe in Riverside...for now!
Hey Dan,

Yeah, it was really a disappointment. Of course it didn't look bad, but it was SO close to a sport pkg. 3er coupe. If you don't know BMWs and M cars, you would probably not know it was an M3. Sad, BMW had such opportunity to make a killer M3, and instead they just made the 3er coupe better, and the M3 lesser.

We are actually in Ventura County now (we moved in July, awesome area & schools for the baby) , but we enter from L.A County (Woodland Hills/Calabasas area). Our canyon burned bad in 2005, but so far this past week we've just had horrific winds. We've lost about $3000.00 worth of new trees, a gas patio heater lamp, a teak patio umbrella and lots of flowers & shrubs. Everything is covered in ash, and it's hotter than hell (today is 95F). Here are 2 pictures I snapped from our front balcony. You can see how close the smoke is:

Somebody bought it in Europe and had it shipped to the US. I have seen that been done before with brand new cars.

Adam, the new M3 is gonna be all about the drive I think.

Thanks for all the well, warm wishes [cheers]

Fire danger seems over for us (as of now at least:), but of course the smoke, bad air quality and some ash is still no fun. But compared to thousands of people...we are lucky/blessed/fortunate!