New M3 model...WHEN?

rookwood

Does anyone have any info regarding the next M3 to be offered? I have decided to order a new M3 and would probably wait until early spring only to avoid having it arrive during the middle of winter. If there is a possibility of the new one coming to the market in the fall of 2004, I might wait.

rookwood

Then the decision has at last been made...

First, I want to thank all for your honest and seemingly unbiased responses. I was not expecting that and doubt the same would have happened if I posted the question on a Porsche Forum. All arguments, pro or con, relating to the M3 vs Porsche, were, to me, valid and were carefully read.

With all things considered... my age, majority city driving, advantages of a new car vs. older 911 Turbo, inbalance of paying $40K - $70K for a car and EXPECT to spend an abnormal $/vehicle value in maintenance/repair bills, performance value, history of the M3 naturally aspirated engine, and the fact that my local BMW dealer is revered (owner started out with the company 25 years ago as a technician and then bought the company), my decision is....

2004 BMW M3 Cabriolet, SMG, Titanium Silver exterior/Black interior, 19" Wheels, Xenon lighting, Navigation and premium sound system.