Newbie Needs Help RADIO CODE

Hi All,

I just wanna say that I found this site today and already seen tons of useful info about the car I just bought.I am looking forward to chatting on here with other BMW owners and maybe make a few friends.Thanks in advance for all of your help ,

Mike

I just bought a 1993 525i

I love it ! It has one problem though.When I put a brand new battery in it the radio wont work .

I am aware that I need the code since the previous owner doesnt have the Code I am looking for some help.

I called a dealer in my area and they said bring in the car and 80 bucks and they will fix it .I dont wanna take it to a dealer.I dont wanna pay 80 bucks .

Do I have any other options on finding the code without the dealer or the 80 bucks .

I looked in the book that came with the car and it doesnt have the code in it .

I was told I will need my serial # off the back of the radio to find the code.

The serial # is F21235755A Can anyone tell me any info on this radio?like who makes it etc.. It has a cassette player in it.

What type of factory speakers come in the car ?

This is a Great site,

Mike

Giving BMW that serial # should do the trick, but CD/MP3 players are pretty cheap these days. First I would look through every page of every book (not just the radio book) in the glove box... someone must have written it down somewhere.

Big Daddy

I think you need the serial number, a vehicle registration and ID to get the code from BMW, at least that is the way it is here. Take that in and ask for the code, they should not charge you anything.

Yup, unfortunately that is your best bet... (as much as I hate going to the dealer for parts), they will give you the correct code, and you'll only have to do it once.... because you'll write it down on every piece of paper that belongs to the car. If you think there's a website that has these codes written down and available for free, you're mistaken. If you don't want to pay to play, then aftermarket is your game. Sorry.

P.S. Don't lose your keys either;)