Newbie Wax question

I recently detailed my car using Vlads ideas but I'm inexperienced so I have had a nagging (paranoid) thought since. After I used the Dawn to remove the wax, water on the car looked like it was splattered - very small drops. I was expecting the water to not bead at all. I waxed the car according to the directions on the Blitz Wax - Use a thin amount, let dry to a haze and buff off. Now that the car is waxed using carnuba the beads of water are much bigger and the paint is much smoother, but it is slightly similar to the no wax. I would hate to leave the car unprotected so I wanted to see if there is a foolproof way to tell if the car is properly waxed. I think I'm being paranoid. I'll bet if I put a picture of the no wax with water on it next to the current state with water on it there would be an obvious difference but I wanted to check here just in case.

Thanks in advance.

With no wax on the car, the water should bead in smaller drops. With a coat of wax on the car, the water should collect in larger beads, sorta like what mercury does when to smaller beads come together, and form a larger one.

If you're concerned that you don't have a good caot of wax on the car, apply a second coat. Carnauba waxes can be layered and typically give a deeper shine.