Performance mods for 3.2L M motor

Hey guys i am searching for an M coupe so I need to research different tuning approaches and results with both the older 240hp motor and the newer 333hp motors

Cams, equal length header, turbo, supercharger, ecu's etc..lightweight flywheel

Please list your setup and your impressions both good an bad and list what you would have done differently as well as your 1/4 times and trap speeds

EDIT: So nobody modifies their 3.2L motor? Wow...

Last edited:
Hard to get more power out of the new M3 motor (333hp version) with an 11:1 or 11.5:1 compression ratio. The 240hp M3 motor is the better one for tuning...you can easily supercharge it, air intake, exhaust, chip, etc. and get mad power out of it.
Btw, this forum isn't really too into modding. If you change your wiper blades they will call it "rice".

MrElussive said:
Hard to get more power out of the new M3 motor (333hp version) with an 11:1 or 11.5:1 compression ratio. The 240hp M3 motor is the better one for tuning...you can easily supercharge it, air intake, exhaust, chip, etc. and get mad power out of it.
Btw, this forum isn't really too into modding. If you change your wiper blades they will call it "rice".
Compression is easy to get around with proper tuning probably about 56-64% more power available with a low pressure turbo setup.....7-8psi, quick spool turbine....so maybe 450-500hp flywheel....Integra motors are 11/1 comp and can handle 8-10psi with proper tuning....325-350whp from a 1.8L.....so I am a big proponent of low boost, quick spool setups that make the car a little more fun to drive...

I am just surprised how few owners mod their cars....driving machines can always use just a little more power [hihi]

Oh well, I see most people here dont race either so I can see why their cars are left stock...

QuickCivicGuy, I can tell you personally that I don't mod my car because I love the way it sounds right now and the way it performs. I am very impressed with the 0-60 and 1/4 mile time of my car and I am afraid of changing the way it sounds, especially since I am so attached to it now. Plus, the car is leased, so that just makes it so much harder. But I think after my G35C, I wanna buy a Mini Cooper S and mod the crap out of it. I used to have a Jetta, which I installed exhaust, air intake, 17" wheels, and some other crap and that stuff was so much fun.

MrElussive said:
QuickCivicGuy, I can tell you personally that I don't mod my car because I love the way it sounds right now and the way it performs. I am very impressed with the 0-60 and 1/4 mile time of my car and I am afraid of changing the way it sounds, especially since I am so attached to it now. Plus, the car is leased, so that just makes it so much harder. But I think after my G35C, I wanna buy a Mini Cooper S and mod the crap out of it. I used to have a Jetta, which I installed exhaust, air intake, 17" wheels, and some other crap and that stuff was so much fun.
I'll sell you my civic...[hihi] slap a set of cams in my car and youll have a high 12 sec 4cyl Naturally aspirated fwd car.....and the civic is leagues better than the mini...especially when your talking modded