Pics of the new 3 series......?

hey A3ndy, check my gallery, I've got a 05, 330ci in Sparkling graphite, the pictures are pretty good it might give you some clue........ it's a very unique color ..............

Man my next car would be an M3 hope they don't let the same design malfunction! happen to M3s...........
The only new design that I like is the new M6 ............. the rest ........ well just not my cup of tea.

Good luck shopping A3ndy

William330

Just looking at the brochure (PDF format):

http://club3series.com/photopost/data/500/29e90_2006.pdf

On the plus side, the new 3-series will have MP3 support for the
in-dash CD player, and a Logic7 speaker setup (13 speakers + 2
"subwoofers").

I have the add-on Harmon/Kardon system in the 330Ci, and it's really
not that great (didn't want to rip apart the interior for an after market
system, so went with the factory option).

So now we get more horsepower, and a better stereo system.

All we need is a better car designer. [:p]

Look boring now. My good friend is an Honda/Acura fan and before we would always figth BMW vs. Acura. Now I can't say a thing to him, the new TL is hands down way better looking car, there really is no competition. Sure the 3er handles better but it looks like a grandpa's car now, IMO

maybe i change my mind when i see one in person [:D]

Go back up to A3ndy's 3/12 post and look at picture 6.jpg. I might even guess it's the new Ford Focus or something. I see no BMW from the side.

The photoshop M3 elsewhere in this forum actually makes the coupe look somewhat appealing. However, if in the next 2-3 yrs Lexus comes out with a real 4 seat convertible and tries to get "sporty", I'll be tempted. I can't understand why the 3 luxo Japanese (Lex, Inf, Ac) don't try to tap into the convertible market.

Lexus is working on an IS 4 seat convertible with a retractable hardtop. I heard that it might be ready for 2006.

I read somewhere that the E90 convertible would have a retractable hardtop when it debuts in '07. Don't know if this is just a rumor though.

Dawn

drkeng said:
I wonder why they say 2006. I heard late 06-early 07 for the coupe and convertible, M3 even later. I still think the coupe looks better than the sedan.
I'll bet it'll be available in Europe in 2006 (late) and will make it to the US as a 2007.

By the way, I don't think we can really judge the car based on the spy pics. If you look at the cut-out for the door handle, it's clear they've layered a thicker camoflage (also black to match car) over the entire side of the car (just like they did for the rear to hide the tail lights and bumper detail). I'll bet the car is a whole lot sleeker and less chunky than it appears in these spy shots.

Regardless, I'm still not sold on the look of the new 3 -- based on the public pictures of the 330i sedan. It just doesn't feel "evolutionary". That's one of the things that makes a BMW a BMW -- the methodical evolution from model to model. Unlike Japanese makers who radically redesign their cars every three to five years, BMW will typically leave their cars alone, making only restrained modifications within a particular segment for the life of the model (for example E46 from 1997 to 2005).

The interior sucks too. It reminds me of the interior of a Buick or something. Not driver oriented, and way too sparse. I'm sure it will grow on me over time, but for now, I'm not a fan. I'm glad I have a 2004. I'm going to hang on to it as long as I can. I think this design (E46) is going to be a classic.