Power Washer

I was at Costco the other day and I was looking at the power washer there. The outside of my house was dirty and I had always planned on getting one, so I got it. On the box they advertise using the washer to wash cars. I of course know that to much pressure on a car can do damage, so I tested it out. I had my friend point it at me, while I walked up closer and closer to it, feeling the pressure and figureing out the distance that is not to powerful.

After all that I tried it out, using the distance I mesured above, I went all around the car, moving closer on plastic, glass, wheels, and wheel wells. For the whole car, it worked excelent, it removed the dirt with ease. I go down to San Diego about once a month, hundreds of bugs get squished on the car, after the power wash there was about 1/3rd left on then what would normaly be left on after I sprayed the car with my professional nosel.

The wheel wells were super clean afterwards, First I used the powerwasher for any loose dirt then sprayed some Simple Green then used the power washer to take it off.

All the little water spots stuck on my window from the sprinklers, usualy a pain to get off, I used the power washer at point blank range, wich is extremely powerfull, and they all came off with ease.

For the whole time I used the power washer it was with no detergent just water. When I was done with that I used my standard bucket and sheepskin mit and washed the car. I was amazed with the results. I probably wont use it every time I wash my car, but when the wheel wells are dirty or if I go down to San Digeo, I will definitly use it. Plus the house is clean too.

Info on the power washer: it cost me $140, it came with several attachments, one for the car and another for sidewalks or houses. It is a very powerful unit. It is electric. Now I have seen a power washer on sale at Target for only $70 with similar specs but not as good of quality. For washing a car I am sure it would work well. I cant rember but I dont believe it had a chamber for detergent, although if you are only using it for the car then I wouldent suggest using it.

One other note, my power washer came with a 25 foot hose wich is much easyer to walk around the car with, then the heavy hose.